Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Car Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by Joe Diaz, May 3, 2010.

1. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    :thumb::thumb: RobbyMac :toasting:

2. RobbyMac

RobbyMac Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks for the compliments. I do still create similar illustrations for our shop here.
    The 3/4 views give a better representation of the finished product compared to flat layout views. Indycars in particular have alot of compound curves that just don't get represented well in a flat side or top view.
    We use these illustrations to develop paintschemes/livery's, sponsorship proposal art, or even arrange sponsors on an existing car. They help to streamline the design/approval process quickly.
    There is a bit of time involved in creating a template however. So if it's a template we can re-use often, we'll eat the cost of developing it. ie, indycars, dragsters, or funnycars get used alot. But if someone comes to us with a one-off landspeed car or some other vehicle that isn't as popular, or no other clients would have, then the client must pay for the template should they want a 3/4 view created.

3. Kollman32

Kollman32 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    North Dakota
    I know this thread is old, but race cars and racing is my passion. Check out www.facebook.com/jkdesigns32 . Like my page, and check out some of the cars I have done!!!(Wraps and cad cut graphics)

4. toodark

toodark Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Minot, ND
    Sprint car

Last years design

Attached Files: