• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race Car Fonts ??

Ogriv

you have about 4' of usable space
Great! That helps. I cut out a sample number just using Arial Font and it was 36" wide. It looked too big, but I was unsure how big the door panel was on the car (I suppose they have doors). But if I have 4 foot to play with, I should be OK.

Here is a link to some downloadable templates for race cars
Thanks for the link !!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a profitable day :)

stickitco

Ogriv, Fear not they are not that bad to do. I started doing racecars when I got my first machine which was a roland stx-8. Yes thats right a hobby machine and I did all out racecars. It was interesting to say the least. My airbrush was my best friend. I could give the plain vinyl a *pop*. Just play with it and have fun. I got into this work to do racecars. It is a shame that I have moved to an area that racecars are either non existent or the ones that are put thier numbers on with strips of duct tape. I was actually told, and I quote. " Why should I spend hundreds when I can spend ten bucks and have enough nubers for three years?" The worst thing is he loves the car that parked next to him that night.........Which I did! Go Figure.

Ogriv

I appreciate the words of encouragement! Well, I have the car all loaded up, and it's time to go. I have my fingers crossed!

PMG

Ogriv said:
There is my problem. I don't know the panel size. I have never made numbers for race cars before. I was hoping that some experienced folks would remember the approximate widths.

Many Thanks for the Info. :thankyou:
,Ive been RACING Sence 1994(DRIVER & Lettering my own cars),i have had many cars,,that the sides are different in size,shorter and taller,,I know a guy that has 2 mods,,and one is 2 foot shorter that the other,,not all panels on the same type of race car are the same size,Just like my Late Model,,Drivers door is 48 inch x 72,,the right side door is 40 inch X 72,,just for the fact that the car in the turns rolls over so hard on the right side ,,the door has got to be smaller so it don't dig into the ground!!!!! SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE hope all works out for you today :peace!: !!!!!!!!!!

stickitco

Thats why I dont drive cars with doors. Makes things difficult. LOL Cut the fenders and doors off, put a wing on top.......Then ya got something.

PMG

stickitco said:
Thats why I dont drive cars with doors. Makes things difficult. LOL Cut the fenders and doors off, put a wing on top.......Then ya got something.
LOL here ya,,if your like me,,lol ill race anything,,i dont care what it is....or how its done,lol if it can be raced ill run the CRAP OUT OF IT,,LOL

jakes grafix

hi guys new guy here.looking for a font and found a pic of it on here.in pro motion graphix posts there is a link for on track photos.well the font i'm lookin for is there under april 6 05 page 3 in the lower right hand corner #0644.what is the font for the numbers of that car? thanks for the help in advance!

iSign

Jake... just a suggestion here, for future reference... people don't always have time to go hunting for you...

learn to grab the pic & put it in front of them to give yourself a better chance of someone recognizing & replying in the limited time they may have for helping others.

this one?

IMG_0644.jpg