• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race car #s

OldPaint

most race car # i do are NASCAR. so best thing you can do is get a couple STOCK CAR racing mags, and try to get the best pic of them and scan and trace em.
everyon i get the guys say....."i want my nuber to look like so and so's NASCAR racer.

Jillbeans

I like Clarendon Extra Bold or Big Red from Sign DNA.
Something big and beefy, not wimpy wimpy wimpy.
Love....Jill

Joe Diaz

I say start with some font that matches the style you're going for, them butcher the crap out of it (in a good way) until it's unique.

I just did one the other day. It is the first race car we have done in about 5 years.
griswold_91.jpg
We just don't do them very much anymore.

trik

I say start with some font that matches the style you're going for, them butcher the crap out of it (in a good way) until it's unique.

I just did one the other day. It is the first race car we have done in about 5 years.
View attachment 37327
We just don't do them very much anymore.

Joe, not only the same number, but close to the same font :Big Laugh

i just did this tonight!

91s.jpg

MODCreations

I like to use DNA's Race Car Chisel, or any font that looks cool or neat that I haven't seen to much used for motorsports. I also like to make my own. Since I was taught by a friend who use to hand paint race cars for years. He taught me alot about colors , outlines and thin and thickness when designing anything.:Canada 2: