• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

radiant heating

Hi, does anyone have radiant heating in their shops where their printers are. If so any issues with the vinyl or printers
Thanks

we are looking into getting it and in a conversation with a supplier they had heard that radiant wasn't good for the machince or vinyl and not sure it they have the correct info, so before we spend the money best to be sure.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
heat is heat. i can't imagine the floor getting hotter that 80 degrees. even then, the machine is still off the floor by four feet. i think they are talking about vinyl flooring... not "sign vinyl"

Bill Modzel

We installed overhead radiant heat in our screen print production area, mostly to minimize dust blowing around from those overhead shop blowers. It was a concrete and brick structure from the 40's. It was a good idea production wise but I'm not at all sure about the economics. The rest of the shop, including the printer area is all forced air.

My concern about radiant with the printers would be the proximity of the printers to the actual heat source. Radiant does what it is supposed to, that is, heat stuff not air. If you have a high ceiling and your units are not directly underneath the tube(s), I can't see an issue but if there 8' apart or so I wouldn't do it.

rjssigns

hanging from the ceiling, shop is just over 3000 sq ft

I think you'll be fine. I have Space-Ray brand in the laminating and fabricating areas and I'm real pleased with them. No dust to blow around like forced air. They're explosion proof too which is good since I do custom paint from time to time. A big plus is zero maintenance save for blowing the dust off the tubes once a year going into heating season.

I would think that the smaller units like I have, correctly set could be used as a secondary dryer for prints. Hmmmm....

Here is the link to what I have for my low ceilings: http://www.spaceray.com/garage_infrared_heaters/cold_blocker/index.php