• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rained out

Mosh

Been planting beans for 46 hours straight and now got rained out. We have a 32 row planter are averaging about 25 acres an hour. Just about done, now it is pouring rain. Hope to be back on the 101 next week. This new GPS stearing is awesome, I just sit here and drink beer, until it beeps 50 yards from a turn. I can't wait until they have one that will turn around too.....I will post some pics up tomorrow.

Mosh

We own around 1000 and plant a couple of the neighbor's so we run 1700 total. Only bean, NO CORN!

threads1

Hey Mosh.......it's time to replace your avatar. I'm really sick of the beans....how about a nice tractor pic?

Craig Sjoquist

Cool Mosh hope the rain didn't wash ya out from planting more knows farming is rough battle well worth it, so have fun enjoy the days in the sun.

Jillbeans

I'm rained out on an outdoor paint job for tomorrow.
It's not supposed to storm until late afternoon but I just can't take the risk.
A farming friend was just recently telling me about tractors and GPS and all that jazz.
Had no idea it was so detailed.
Love....Jill

cfbeagle

Hope you are planting on "Hips" or ridges or whatever you call them up there! So all them beans aren't down the creek.

That's what happens to us down here if we plant on the flat. And I love to see fields planted on hips with GPS. Man those rows stay right down the middle.

Mosh

Here you go, new avatar, my oldest daughter Nicole learning to drive. This was last fall's harvest.

mollygrubber

This new GPS stearing is awesome, I just sit here and drink beer, until it beeps 50 yards from a turn. I can't wait until they have one that will turn around too

We have a 32 row planter are averaging about 25 acres an hour.

Yah Mosh, I know what you mean about equipment making it easier. Back when I helped farm, I remember going from a 3 bottom to a 5 bottom plow and from a 4 row to an 8 row planter, boy those were the days.

I remember Ralph (the guy I helped) bring them home behind the new used International 986 turbo diesel. (rrrhhhh rrrrhhh 90hp)

Get up in the morning make sure the tool box was full of extra bolts, wire, and 2 pair of visegrips, go out to the barn and cut off another piece of downspout to replace the muffler. Ralph wouldn't buy a new muffler and so we used downspout to get the exhaust up over the cab, which nothing stayed closed on. You could plow about 4 hours before the downspout split enough you couldn't see or breath and had to replace it.

He only had 400 acres, but the neighbors used to come over and help when they were done. They had the big stuff, Steigers, which they couldn't hardly turn around in some of our fields.

Share with you a small accident I once had while going down the road to another field. I was pulling a disk, cultipacker and harrow down the county road when I saw a 5' snake, which I HATE, crossing the road. I decided I would drop the disc on him to cut him up, you can guess what happen from there, each implement dropped one at a time and came back up the same way. It took about 60 feet of county road for this to happen. Gotta love new asphalt!