• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raised letters and logo on wall

Stacey K

I like making signs
Customer wants "City of XXX POLICE Station" and their logo in raised form on the entrance wall. I've put these on siding before, I assume drywall would be easier? (I need to find out if it's drywall or concrete block) I've used Gemini in the past.

I'm thinking the flat cut acrylic letters and custom UV painted logo? Is it best to use the studs or do people use the double sided tape? I'm guessing the letters won't be more than 6-8" tall. I'll find out more but don't want to sound like a moron when I call back lol

Screenshot 2024-02-14 123626.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-14 123626.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-14 123626.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 53

JBurton

Signtologist
I've used Gemini in the past.
Call SteelArt as well for a competing quote, very similar capabilities but steelart isn't so big that they've grown stupid like gemini.

Drywall vs Cinderblock, I prefer block, but you can usually do drywall with just a phillips screwdriver punched into the wall. (less dust than drilling)

Tape + studs, or tape + dabs of lexel, very much prefer studs here.

If you go with decently thick letters, don't stand them off the wall, it looks super tacky. 1/2" thick letters look great flush to a wall, 1/4" look great 'floating'.