• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ran out of cyan while printing

Cruzer

A Sign is a Sign is a Sign
Was printing a banner when very near the end it alarmed that the cyan was nearing end. I pulled the cartridge out while it was printing. the printer stopped. I installed a new one. it went back to printing still alarming. It later stopped and says M Ink End.Not sure what to do. Did I do something wrong? HELP?:help

tsgstl

I'm not sure but definitely make sure it went back in its cradle. That's on thing I don't like how when it runs out of ink it just sits there drying out.

The fact that it went back to printing and the alarm went off until later is very strange. I know when you damage the inside where the cartridge goes it doesn't read the cartridge and thinks it is not there. The only stupid thing I can think is that you didn't mistakenly put the empty cartridge back in?

edit: ohhhh it was the M ink that is now ended. Maybe they both were ending at the same time and when you put the cyan in it cancelled out the M warning?

Last edited:

ChicagoGraphics

I don't know what printer you have, but you should never pull your cartridge out until it's completly empty, then switch them out. Go to a bulk system and you never have these problems.

tsgstl

I assume he has a VJ because it sounds like it
I ALWAYS change mine out when the alarm sounds. I know there is some ink still in there but I have had bad luck when it runs out completely (you can see where that color started fading. And like I said when it completely runs out the print head just sits there so if it is left it dries out. And the alarm is annoying, you can cancel it but then when it runs out completely and forget you get trouble. If it sits there for a hour you have to soak for 4 hours at least to get it back. Maybe this procedure is wrong but it is how I have been doing it for over 4 years with little problems.

You have to be careful letting it run when nobody is there.

ProWraps

eh.... im sorry but really?

this is about as dumb a question as the guy asking how to trim the edges off his prints.

sheesh.

Cruzer

A Sign is a Sign is a Sign
Stupid me!

It turns out that when I changed the the Cyan cartridge it was the Magenta that that was out. On the display it reads KCMY and the cartridges are YMCK. So much for Lean manufacturing. If I had only looked at it with both eyes. Lol. At least I got it to printing.

I feel awkward. time to get out of the shop and get some Harley time. It always helps me.

I guess the Post that says you never see a Harley parked in front of a psychiatrist office is so true.

Thanks for the replies guys