• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ran out of INK! What to do..

kingofwraps

I just ran out of ink on a sunday! figures...lol. I can only get new ink cartridge tomorrow. What do i do? leave it until tomorrow, restart printer, or ????? i dont want any nozzles, heads to dry up...

Mainframe

I am pretty sure you can just leave it beep till Monday & get a cart & pop it in & finish your print, you will be ok

sardocs

I ran out of ink on my sp300 the other day and didn't have a replacement cartridge but I took out the "empty" one and shook it hard toward the front ant it ran for 3 more days. Made me wonder how much ink I've thrown away over the last 5 years.....

Baz

I keep my old cartriges and only throw them away after i have taken the inside ink pouch out. I keep them in a box and sometimes (not often) i have the same problem as you .. I just fill up a cartridge with a syringe and keep on printing.

Bly

You don't say if you've done this but you can go into the printer menu and tell it to keep printing even after the bladder tab pops out, thus it keeps printing until all the ink is used.
Occasionally a cartridge won't pop the tab out and will run right to the end. Just pop a new cart in and do a clean, usually fires up straight away.