Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ran out of INK! What to do..

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kingofwraps, Aug 30, 2009.

1. kingofwraps

kingofwraps Member

Aug 30, 2009
    San Jose
    I just ran out of ink on a sunday! figures...lol. I can only get new ink cartridge tomorrow. What do i do? leave it until tomorrow, restart printer, or ????? i dont want any nozzles, heads to dry up...

Tags:
  2. Mainframe

Mainframe Very Active Member

I am pretty sure you can just leave it beep till Monday & get a cart & pop it in & finish your print, you will be ok

3. gators2001

gators2001 Member

Jul 30, 2006
    it will time itself out you will have to restart monday

4. miguelon.lizarraga

miguelon.lizarraga Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    On a mutoh?

5. miguelon.lizarraga

miguelon.lizarraga Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Just read profile, SP-540

6. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    I ran out of ink on my sp300 the other day and didn't have a replacement cartridge but I took out the "empty" one and shook it hard toward the front ant it ran for 3 more days. Made me wonder how much ink I've thrown away over the last 5 years.....

7. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I keep my old cartriges and only throw them away after i have taken the inside ink pouch out. I keep them in a box and sometimes (not often) i have the same problem as you .. I just fill up a cartridge with a syringe and keep on printing.

8. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You don't say if you've done this but you can go into the printer menu and tell it to keep printing even after the bladder tab pops out, thus it keeps printing until all the ink is used.
    Occasionally a cartridge won't pop the tab out and will run right to the end. Just pop a new cart in and do a clean, usually fires up straight away.

9. kingofwraps

kingofwraps Member

Aug 30, 2009
    San Jose
    Thanks for all the info!