• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

random extra printing not in file

Print4life

So anyone else had these problems?
I am guessing but maybe something to do with the encoder strip? MUTOH 2638 on 72" strip mesh plus
problem.jpg

JBurton

Signtologist
It looks like the most uniform headstrike in the world, and since it's mesh, are you sure it wasn't buckling up? Since it extends beyond your print, you can verify that nothing is wrong in the file unless the file has excess white space at the top.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have seen that be an encoder issue but also an electrical short in the head circuit. The encoder and sensor are the cheaper items to change so you could start there. Try cleaning it first. Other than that, most of the time I see this, it's a bad head cable, bead print head, or other damaged electrical part.

damonCA21

I agree, replace the head cable first. Normally when you get printing like that it an electrical problem as the head is not being told to turn off when it should, so it carries on printing rather than turning on and off.