• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random line in print

J.Stewart

Hi All
I have a Roland VS 540 configured as CMYK and it is printing random ( anywhere from a couple of inches to couple feet) washout lines across the darker colours.
Im attaching picture. Its a little hard to see in picture but vary noticeable in person. Dealer doesn't seem to know why. Tried different computer, Vinyl and File formats.

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 149

0igo

sure its not a head strike? some materials your supposed to start them off cold and let the machine heat up while its printing. found that out the hard way lol.

J.Stewart

sure its not a head strike? some materials your supposed to start them off cold and let the machine heat up while its printing. found that out the hard way lol.

The print in the picture is 4ft wide and no mater the length or dark colour it happens in random spots.

J.Stewart

Thank You For the responses everyone

Here a couple more pictures. I store my media up right and it does not lay on the rollers though that what i would normally think.

Attachments

• IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 146

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like your signal is getting a little bamboozled and drops ever so slightly, but not enough to power it off. Only shows up in dark and kinda solid colors as the gradients or lighter colors don't transmit as much information in a sense.

J.Stewart

Looks like your signal is getting a little bamboozled and drops ever so slightly, but not enough to power it off. Only shows up in dark and kinda solid colors as the gradients or lighter colors don't transmit as much information in a sense.
As in the power or in the network communications? i tried 3 computes but they all went through the same network. may be i can go direct to printer.

ams

It has happened to me sometimes. Generally it only happens when my ink runs out and I change it in the middle of a print.