• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random Photo of the Day

Scotchbrite

No comment
Seen this on other forums, but I couldn't find a similar thread here. Basically just a place to post up a random photo that strikes you and can spark conversation. Could be a sign you made, a crazy sign you saw, or something else entirely. I don't think it needs to be completely limited to sign stuff only.

We were recovering an old bulletin board and found evidence of its past use underneath, a backing board to pounce wheel patterns.

2022-05-17 12.11.27.jpg

2022-05-17 12.11.38.jpg

This thing has been a bulletin board for the 22 years I've been here.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Abstract art. I love it.

When I change print heads I usually put some vinyl between the head and the platen to make sure I don't dirty up someone's printer when the ink drips out. I've had multiple people ask to keep the resulting "abstract art"

mim

0_o
View attachment 159586

This is a photo of our local downtown. Late 50's judging by the cars. The city planners LOVE to parade this picture out whenever they are making changes to the sign code. It's meant to be an example of "sign clutter".

I like the way it looks! Better a bunch of dynamic, hand painted signs than just plain buildings in the city, in my opinion. Of course this look is out of style and production now, unfortunately. Would've loved to be a sign painter in the 50's!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
View attachment 159586

This is a photo of our local downtown. Late 50's judging by the cars. The city planners LOVE to parade this picture out whenever they are making changes to the sign code. It's meant to be an example of "sign clutter".
It looks like this picture was taken from inside a bar... so, was the original picture taken from inside the bar, or are we looking at a picture of a picture taken from inside the bar? ... did they have Dixie plates like that in the 50's?

ETA: who won the pool game?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It looks like this picture was taken from inside a bar... so, was the original picture taken from inside the bar, or are we looking at a picture of a picture taken from inside the bar? ... did they have Dixie plates like that in the 50's?

Good catch there. In fact, I really don't remember much in the way of plastic forks and spoons, either. They were around, but not much. anyway, not in bars and stuff.

BUT, if ya think about it, that's a busy main street somewhere. Who would plop a bar right in the middle of an intersection with a huge front window like that ?? That view is superimposed on an old photo. And all the fluorescent lights in the ceiling ?? Back then, it was mostly all incandescents inside the places.

Scotchbrite

No comment

It is a picture of a picture. One of my coworkers took it, and I'm not sure where he was. Or who won the pool game. :tongue:

garyroy

That downtown picture from "Scotchbrite", now that is a real US downtown.
Finally, a town with some personality. Looks fantastic, and no guessing where the Cafe or Drug Store is.
Love it.