• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random problem when printing registration marks

toomeycustoms

Roland SC-545 using the latest version of Versaworks. Sending over a job that is 4"x3" stepped and repeated 84 times within Versaworks. When it gets to the end and starts to print the trailing align points, it takes forever. It will do one pass and then sounds like it is cleaning. Another pass and then cleaning. It took over 30 minutes to print those 2 black dots. It is random, I had to send this same job 12 times and I would say about 5 of those times it did this. The other times it printed quickly.

Any ideas?

Melissam2505

Is your file you brought to VW on your computer or an external/flash drive? I was having that problem, and when I made sure the file was located on the computer it seemed to stop. I also read on here that someones Virus software was slowing things down.

toomeycustoms

It is actually located on the network on a different pc. Once the file is brought into versaworks and ripped, isn't the ripped file stored on the local computer within versaworks? The rest of the file printed fine, no hiccups or slowdowns, only when it came to the trailing alignment marks.

Custom_Grafx

That sounds like a strange problem. As well as having the latest VW, have you updated the firmware of the machine as well?