• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Randya/Mutoh guru's, you out there today? Couple questions/issues on my Falcon 2.....

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi again,

So, Im working on my new falcon 2, trying to align the print heads....the Magenta is still a very new print head and was never 100% aligned.

After several hours of tweeking I start getting close and figuring out how to move the head around left and right ect ect. (This must be the most difficult aligning procedure ever!, but I am learning it).

THEN, I make a small adjustment to the black print head, I pull it out twice, adjust the plate on the bottom of the print head start making progress on it, an THEN after the second time, I go to my test print to see how its going, and one of the black test bars stops printing!? The other side of the head is printing perfect, but one of the blacks just stops printing?

THEN, my number 5 ink cartrage says that the ink is gone (but there is still plenty of ink). I started to think that it was a problem with the sensor or something, but I switched the #5 and #6 magenta's, and then the #5 was fine and the #6 say's that the ink is empty??? I have 2 extra inks that are almost full and BOTH of them give an "#6 ink empty" message?????

So now, I cant do anything because the printer stops at the "#6 ink empty" message....

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to "reset" the ink amount so that the printer thinks that the ink is full?

Please help.......I need some good words after a VERY frustrating 4am work day yesterday....

Thanks so much in advance :notworthy:

James
Absolute Signs
703-229-9436
onlyjames@Hotmail.com

ProWraps

old thread. if your going to charge for something you DONT have the rights to, get a merchant membership. if the OP is still looking, email me, ill send it to you. NO CHARGE.

onlyjames

Thanks ProWraps, I actually got one already.
This dude is just spamming EVERY single post I made regarding my printer. He should be banned, or forced to be a Merchant Member

onlyjames

Its suppose to be shipping out to me today....I'll post up as SOON as it gets in.

But, as of now, THANK YOU for the good reference. They have been Excellent so far, they contact me often, update me, explain the issues/solutions, and will be standing by all of their work.

Im excited to get everything in this week, and hopefully put it back together this weekend.

Turns out the CR board had some small issue as well....NO change in price, just replacing the board for me, re-testing to confirm, and shipping asap :) I cant wait!!

So Jeff, THANKS! I see the light at the end of the tunnel

stolan

Can James or Graphics2U share why one side of the head stopped printing? I'm having the same issue. Printing a nozzle check, one side prints flawlessly, the other side is consistently missing.
Just bought a used Viper and had to do a lot of work getting it cleaned up. It's probably something I did. I'm thinking it's the O ring/brass nut is leaking air or the damper is bad (the lines have ink in them, there doesn't appear to be any air in the lines and I can pull ink through the lines on the pump using a syringe). Ideas anyone?

Graphics2u

Can James or Graphics2U share why one side of the head stopped printing? I'm having the same issue. Printing a nozzle check, one side prints flawlessly, the other side is consistently missing.
Just bought a used Viper and had to do a lot of work getting it cleaned up. It's probably something I did. I'm thinking it's the O ring/brass nut is leaking air or the damper is bad (the lines have ink in them, there doesn't appear to be any air in the lines and I can pull ink through the lines on the pump using a syringe). Ideas anyone?
Does half of the head print absolutely nothing or almost nothing? If so when you pull ink through that head are both dampers full? Try shutting the machine off so that it's quiet and pull ink through again with syringe and see if you hear air sucking into the line around the head. if you do it's possible you have a leak where the damper fits onto the head either bad o-ring or more likely a cracked adaptor plate on the head. If it's a cracked plate the nipple will likely break off when you try to remove the damper. I think that uses DX4 heads and the adaptor plates can be purchased from serveral online suppliers.

onlyjames

Is the bad side printing anything at all?

If its not printing anything at all, and the damper is full and you are pulling ink through the lines, that its a possibility that your head cable is damaged.

my .02

Graphics2u

Is the bad side printing anything at all?

If its not printing anything at all, and the damper is full and you are pulling ink through the lines, that its a possibility that your head cable is damaged.

my .02
Good point1 Make sure the cables to the heads are pushed in all the way also. try switching the cables from one side of the head to the other. Be sure to turn off power and unplug machine then press the power button again to drain any residual power before changing cables.

onlyjames

Be sure to turn off power and unplug machine then press the power button again to drain any residual power before changing cables.

YES...VERY IMPORTANT....lets just say, my past 2 months would have been much easier had I followed this SIMPLE instruction. :banghead:

randya

Sorry, I been out at SEMA and then out sick....

The #6 sounds like the cartridge flag sensor, the one that is met when the tab comes out of the cart when it is empty.

stolan

thanks everyone - I will try listening for the air leak and switching cables. I'll post again tomorrow when I have results.

stolan

So, now I have a new problem as well as the existing ones.

I tried listening for air leaks and couldn't hear any .

Then, I shut down the printer, unplugged it, hit the power button a few times to drain it and tried switching the head cables. I was very careful . . .

Now, I'm getting a "system error E102 fuse 1 error" when I turn on the printer. (evidently, I wasn't careful enough). I found this post on changing fuses:
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45626&highlight=Head+Fuse&page=2
Is there anything different I should know for doing this on a falcon II?

I'm not too comfortable with soldering circuit boards, but may have a friend who can do it. Are there other alternatives you guys could suggest?

At this point, I might suck it up and get a tech out here. I don't mind spending the $$, but am not confident that the tech will do more than read the maint. manual like I'm doing. Also, I don't want to get sold a new main board if the fuse can be replaced fairly simply.

onlyjames

Yeah, I wouldnt recommend soldering boards if your uncomfortable with it.

email me and I'll give you the info of a place that can do this work for you. But, you will have to remove the board...so you will have to be comfortable with that.

onlyjames@hotmail.com

Also, its possible that the print head is either bad, or there is ink in the plug. You will be able to send that print head along with the board to be tested, then you will know for sure.

Thanks, James

Graphics2u

Did you switch only the cables you were having problems with? I'm assuming it must be the black head you were having trouble with, at least from the error message. Make sure none of the pins on the ribbon cable got bent over and is shorting against another. Otherwise it sounds posily like there could have been a problem with thte head or cable and it got worse and blew the fuse. I've never replaced one but I know it can be done. Here is one link but it's in Europe. http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/RH-II-Fuse-Heads---MF-5012-p14773.html

stolan

I had the same problem on 2 of the heads, but tried the black first. Doesn't look like the cable is pinched.
I have new cables on the way, but need to get the fuse fixed first. Does anyone know what amp the fuse is, in case I go the do-it-yourself route?

Thanks again for everyone's help. I'm a newbie to the site, but it's been invaluable so far.