• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RANT - DBL Sided Materials

DirtyD

I absolutely cannot stand when you buy a double sided material they insist on giving 1 side matte and 1 side gloss - I mean really what the hell point is in that - if I want matte I'll buy matte - if I want gloss I'll buy gloss - I do not want two different tones on a double sided sign.

This goes for some double sided banner material - why would I want to print a nice sheen on one side but have a matte waffle patterned print on the other? Whats the point???? gahhh!!!!

TheSnowman

Ha, I kind of agree. Don't do much cut vinyl anymore, but when I do, I always hope it's only got to be one sided so I don't have to answer that question from the customer. I almost like the matte sides for laying down prints on them, seems to slide a little more on the liner than grab like on the gloss side.

J Hill Designs

I assume you are talking ACM - I never use it for single-panel double sided signs, because supporting the panel is a pain. usually a panel on each side of the post(s)

DirtyD

I assume you are talking ACM - I never use it for single-panel double sided signs, because supporting the panel is a pain. usually a panel on each side of the post(s)

Yes, ACM Panel - I prefer doing it your way also but this going into a dado'ed slot all the way around-

reQ

Yup, same thing we got here. But its not an issue, since for double sided signs we use 2 separate panels also. And if it has to be done on both sides - print & lam both sides.

DirtyD

What about double sided banner material? I have only purchased 1 brand cannot remember what is was but it was different finishes on both sides ( it stated double sided 18oz) - do you know of a brand that is the same finish on both sides?