• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant for the Day. Verizon, talking about you!

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Anyone else get a letter this last month detailing how handy it is to eliminate our billing by mail?

You must set up our account now and change how you and your staff handle payables!
You must setup one more account with Profile, User ID and password to do business with us.

One more instance of shifting cost of doing business on the client for the price of a stamp.
Anyone here remember office receptionists? Been replaced with automated attendants.
Press 1 for a kick in the tail.
Press 2 for a knock on the head.
Press 3 if we are really getting under your skin.
Press 4 for us to hang up on you.
Press 5 if you are calling with a complaint so we can go ahead and hang up on you.
Press 6 to hear options 7, 8 and 9.
Press 0 to hear these options again cause ain't nobody here gives a good dang about you.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Actually all cell phone carriers suck, not one of them are any different to the others.

This is referring to my three land lines and Fios.
Almost three hundred bucks a month and they can't spring for a stamp!

Oh I forgot. It's for the planet. (I don't think the planet gives a flying #$@^.)

gabagoo

Up here in Canada Rogers Communications, decided to put us on email billing...One problem though...the dumb azzes never sent us a bill for 2 months and we didn't realize it, then try to charge interest. I have my Cable with them, High speed internet, Home phone, and 3 cell phones.... I go straight to customer retention and then only after a few threats of leaving for the competition do they finally check and see they were sending the invoices to an email address that does not exist. Come to think of it I don't recall getting an email this month so we are late again.

They were also trying to tell me that I am expected to go and get the invoice from an email they send... why can't they just send the invoice as an attachment to the email telling me to go get the invoice. if there email is not sent to tell me the bill is ready it gives them right to charge late payments....somebody in the billing dept. figured a way to squeeze more $$$ out of us.

Now the inteersting thing is this... there invoice generally is about 6 or 7 double sided pages!!! I am sure one stamp is not enough to send out such a wad of paper.... Now I have to print the invoice with my 7 sheets and ink...and all for MY CONVENIENCE? I think not.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Actually all cell phone carriers suck, not one of them are any different to the others.

Yep...It's not which one sucks the most, it's which one sucks the least.

I'm about a week out from changing my service from Verizon Wireless. They are just too high. I have (3) smart phones and (1) basic line (that is just a phone that is never turned on, and my bill is $240. I call them up to see how it can be lowered, and they tell me that they can drop it to 700 minutes (down from 1400) and save $20 a month... but they don't tell you that if you do drop to 700, your off the "friends and family" plan...:banghead:

Sprint is going to be $180 a month for (3) smart phones.

I personally wish there was no phones ever invented... I think we would all be better off.

visual800

I got at&t cheap, service sucks. Does ok but I could walk in the backroom of a piggly wiggly and no bars. I pay 83 per month verizon wanted a lil over 100

WildWestDesigns

I got at&t cheap, service sucks. Does ok but I could walk in the backroom of a piggly wiggly and no bars. I pay 83 per month verizon wanted a lil over 100

The service really sucks. Alicia knows someone that works in the AT&T building here and she is the only one that has Verizon there and she is the only one with service.