• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant - my turn

mark-s

A lot of these people don`t realize the time, cost of software,rent so forth.
They figure you put it into a computer and wala out it comes ready to go.

mark-s

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My all time favorite was the guy who walked in and asked:

"Do you have a sign that says FOR SALE BY OWNER with the phone number ..." and he rattles off his phone number.

I replied, "No but we can make you one."

He said "No thanks" and headed out the door.

J Hill Designs

My all time favorite was the guy who walked in and asked:

"Do you have a sign that says FOR SALE BY OWNER with the phone number ..." and he rattles off his phone number.

I replied, "No but we can make you one."

He said "No thanks" and headed out the door.

:ROFLMAO: "nope, I sold my last one yesterday"

Andy D

Not really the same thing, but my favorite was when a guy told me exactly what his sign
should say and what art to use on it, he then tried to beat down the price and when I wouldn't budge he asked me

"so if this doesn't bring in more business for me, you will refund my money, yes?"

Um, not no, but a huge "F*** no"

gabagoo

I disagree, it is far easier to decipher the written word then the spoken word.
with the amount of bad grammar being used in today's society, we have had to relearn / train our selves to read between the lines.

spoken words are so much more challenging

the other point is there is a record of what was said, unless you record your conversations,

+1

or, something like " for first time customers, listed below are our guidelines, policies and needed information you get you set up in our system"

You are correct I am referring to a set of questions asked and then the recipient ignores half of them slowing the process down, where upon you e-mail again asking the questions again....sometimes I can get everything I need from the spoken word.