• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant of the day

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
WildWestDesigns said:
Isn't this "on" by default? I had checked in my VM of CS6 and it's ticked. I have never once messed with it, that's what leads me to that conclusion, now that my be a different story with CC, that I couldn't comment on.

The setting "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" is checked "on" by default in Illustrator CC as part of the default Adobe PDF Preset. Users can change any of the options. Certain setting get changed when saving under a different PDF Preset, such as the "smallest file size" preset.

ams said:
A couple of weeks ago had someone send me an indesign file. Of course it imported all messed up and they replied "I don't know of any printer out there that doesn't use indesign, you are the first". I was like wow....

What application were you using to import the .INDD file?

myront said:
and when you ask to send as pdf they reply "how do I do that?"

Depending on the application being used to import the artwork a PDF from the client might not do any better. I routinely see CorelDRAW barf up glitches when trying to import PDF files generated from Adobe Illustrator or InDesign. Sometimes the same kind of mess can happen going the Corel>AI direction as well.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
...Depending on the application being used to import the artwork a PDF from the client might not do any better. I routinely see CorelDRAW barf up glitches when trying to import PDF files generated from Adobe Illustrator or InDesign. Sometimes the same kind of mess can happen going the Corel>AI direction as well.

That's why we have corel, illustrator and Acrobat Pro on hand