• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant: Why do customers wait until last minute?

heyskull

I wish I could say it was just business card customers that leave it the last minute.
I had a customer in on Saturday Morning (I was just getting some stuff I had left as we are not normally open on weekends).
He was opening on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and had forgotten his sign........LOL
I know in the UK when you set a business up you have to give a business plan.
I wonder if the business signs and advertising is a little sub-note on the bottom of this plan!!!!
Needless I told him to come back on Monday as there was no way he was going to get a 30'x3' sign manufactured and fitted in just over a day, especially ona weekend.

Do you think customers come out of the shop on the day before they open, look up and realise no one will no who they are and they need a sign!!!

A**holes...lol

SC

why do customers wait until the last minute..because we let them in most cases.

in my experience the first time you tell them no, i simply can't do it. the next time they will plan accordingly.

now if you are just doing run of the mill work that anyone can pump out this will obviously bite you in the butt because they will go somewhere else and most likely will not return.

but if it is a project that you would seriously have to juggle other work and scheduling to get done in their proposed timeframe AND they aren't willing to pay for that sacrifice...they wait...and next time they will plan accordingly.

every proposal that leaves my hands says "Project Completion Date: X amount of BUSINESS days from receipt of order"