• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rapid Tac application fluid spray bottle?

phototec

I purchased two 125oz bottles of Rapid Tac application fluid and purchased a 32oz spray bottle from Home Depot, their branded spray bottle which I have used for many different spray applications in the past without any problem.

After just a few pumps of the spray bottle with the Rapid Tac application fluid, the spray bottle stopped working, thinking something was wrong with that bottle, I tried another spray bottle, and had the same results.

Is there something in your Rapid Tac application fluid that attacks the inner workings of theses spray bottles, causing them to stop pumping?

It appears the spray handle does NOT return all the way, so it can be pumped again to draw fluid and spray.

Do I need a special chemical PROOF spray bottle to be able to use your Rapid Tac application fluid?

If so, what spray bottle do you recommend?

Anything I can purchase at a local retailer, like Lowe's, Walmart, etc?

Thanks for your reply.

ThinkRight

I purchased two 125oz bottles of Rapid Tac application fluid and purchased a 32oz spray bottle from Home Depot, their branded spray bottle which I have used for many different spray applications in the past without any problem.

After just a few pumps of the spray bottle with the Rapid Tac application fluid, the spray bottle stopped working, thinking something was wrong with that bottle, I tried another spray bottle, and had the same results.

Is there something in your Rapid Tac application fluid that attacks the inner workings of theses spray bottles, causing them to stop pumping?

It appears the spray handle does NOT return all the way, so it can be pumped again to draw fluid and spray.

Do I need a special chemical PROOF spray bottle to be able to use your Rapid Tac application fluid?

If so, what spray bottle do you recommend?

Anything I can purchase at a local retailer, like Lowe's, Walmart, etc?

Thanks for your reply.

This might work
http://www.tractorsupply.com/groundwork-reg-pump-sprayer-1-2-gal--4428569

MikePro

there's nothing abrasive about rapid tac. any bottle should do.
home depot spray bottles are... ok... but there are plenty of better options available.
they're nice, because they're inexpensive, but cheap is cheap.

spend a couple more bucks and get something more durable:
these are also available at Home Depot... and my personal favorite (even for abrasives, like isopropyl alcohol)

attachment.php

edited: I can also chip-in, that the bottle posted by ThinkRight is very good as well. Although, the pump-sprayer bottles are bulky and quite a bit more expensive. buuuuut they WILL last forever, if properly used/maintained.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.23.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 10.23.43 AM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 222

ThinkRight

there's nothing abrasive about rapid tac. any bottle should do.
home depot spray bottles are... ok... but there are plenty of better options available.
they're nice, because they're inexpensive, but cheap is cheap.

spend a couple more bucks and get something more durable:
these are also available at Home Depot... and my personal favorite (even for abrasives, like isopropyl alcohol)

attachment.php

edited: I can also chip-in, that the bottle posted by ThinkRight is very good as well. Although, the pump-sprayer bottles are bulky and quite a bit more expensive. buuuuut they WILL last forever, if properly used/maintained.

I really like the handheld pump bottles for the range of chemicals that can be used, ZEP,paint thinner , insecticides....Never failed until I dropped the 5 year old one I had.

J

john1

Never had a issue using cheap $1 Dollar Tree spray bottles. 7 years going...

phototec

Hey everyone, thanks for the info.

I used two HD 32oz spray bottles yesterday with Rapid Tac, and both only worked for a few minutes before they quit working. The plunger under the pump handle would compress, but NOT return, like the Rapid Tac was swelling a rubber seal or something.

Anyway, they stopped pumping and would NO longer spray the Rapid Tac.

I will go by HD to get one of the other sprayers shown above and hopefully they will work.

Thanks guys, for the help!

Attachments

• 32oz HD Spray bottle.jpg
    32oz HD Spray bottle.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 117

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO: :Big Laugh :clapping: :ROFLMAO:

Learn to do it dry and you won't have these dilemmas............... :thumb:

GB2

Old Member
I had an issue with spray bottles and Rapid Tac in the past also. I discussed the matter with Roger from Rapid Tac and he said that their bottles are a special type designed to be used with their product. All those other bottles you are trying will fail, just as you are experiencing. I did find that you can purchase spare bottle for WD40 and they hold up fairly well if you can't get the product in it's original bottle for some reason.

tsgstl

I'm no chemist but I don't think there is anything in rapid tac to make any spray bottle fail. I have 3 spray bottles: 1 alcohol 1 rapid tac 1 rapid remover. I only have alcohol and rapid tac bottles fail when they just get old. Now rapid remover will make any sprayer fail. I usually just unscrew the top and dab paper towels.

Does it smell like vanilla or oranges?

CanuckSigns

we bought a few cheap spray bottles and they also failed with rapid tac, Upgraded to a more expensive bottle and no problems.

phototec

:ROFLMAO: :Big Laugh :clapping: :ROFLMAO:
Learn to do it dry and you won't have these dilemmas............... :thumb:

Hey Gino,

You are right dry is the best way to go, however this was a large 84" wide x 24" tall one piece reverse graphic (red background, cutout letters), and working alone is just not something I can do dry.

I used the top hinge method, used liberal amounts of Rapid Tac applied to the background, peeled the backing from the 751, let the graphic down into position and then squeegeed from the center out all the way around, and it worked out great.

My only problem was the HD spray bottles did NOT like the Rapid Tac application fluid for some reason, after a few pumps the spray mechanism quit working. I ended up getting another $1 spray bottle from Walmart, and it worked fine, as others have stated, it showed NO problems, and worked flawlessly for 4 hours.

So it wasn't the price of the spray bottle, it was the Chinese manufacture, who makes the bottles for HD, they used a cheap rubber part inside the bottle, and something in the Rapid Tac would cause the rubber seal to swell up and prevent the trigger plunger from returning or the spring is too weak?

Anyway, the Walmart spray bottle worked great!

BTW: Thanks for all your help in the past, you gave me your suggestion to just paint this large reversed type area, however I wanted to try and do it in vinyl, and applying wet worked out well.

:thumb:

John L

A product of...?

The Chinese are experts at manufacturing things that LOOK like what we will buy. Do your part to combat, return it to Home Depot... fill up all those empty expansive shipping containers headed BACK overseas instead of filling up our landfills.

DizzyMarkus

All those other bottles you are trying will fail

We have been using dollor store spray bottles for sometime and no issues with either Tac or Tac2-- dont put goof off in one tho hehe

Markus