• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rastek H652 lights wont come on anymore.

IvanDD

Hello everyone!

Our 652 just stopped turning it lights on. We checked the thermal sensors for continuity and they seem fine. We've tested the capacitor and it seems to be doing what it should. We changed lights just in case they both burned out at the same time and they still wont turn on.

Can anyone help us out? Or does anyone know a tech or service company in florida?

Dead in the water at the moment.

uvgerard

Hello everyone!

Our 652 just stopped turning it lights on. We checked the thermal sensors for continuity and they seem fine. We've tested the capacitor and it seems to be doing what it should. We changed lights just in case they both burned out at the same time and they still wont turn on.

Can anyone help us out? Or does anyone know a tech or service company in florida?

Dead in the water at the moment.

I assume you are referring to the UV lamps. The fact that both UV lamps do not light indicates a main switching failure. In other words power is not reaching the UV power supply. Might be as simple as a fuse.

Your lamps operate off a magnetic choke. Chokes rely on external igniter. This device is typically cylindrical and similar in function to an ignition coil in an older car. This device uses line voltage and converts it into 2500 volt super-imposed pulse which is used to break down the arc gap (space between electrodes). The igniter has only one function, to break down the arc gap. Afterwards the choke maintains the arc and regulates power. When you first turn the lamp on if you hear the igniter operate, but the bulb fails to light, it is a good idea to try and see where the arc is occurring. The lead from the igniter to the bulb should be one-quarter (1/4”) inch from any metal lamp assembly component. If the path between the lead and a metal component is too short, the arc will occur between the lead and the lamp housing and not across the bulb’s electrodes.

If the arc goes across the electrodes and the bulb does not start the problem is not the igniter. With the power off check lamp lead connections. Make sure they are tight and not corroded. The fact that both lamps do not light makes me think power is not being supplied to the UV lamp circuit. An electrician can easily confirm this.

If you have additional questions feel free to email me gerard@tcsuv.com or give me a call at 908-852-7555.