• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rastek H652 print head, difference between CE4W and CE4W1?

IvanDD

Hey guys!

I have to replace the black head due to dropout and cant find any info about CE4W vs CE4W1. Anyone have any ideas?

Ronc

Hey guys!

I have to replace the black head due to dropout and cant find any info about CE4W vs CE4W1. Anyone have any ideas?
It is just the fittings. You can remove the two side screws on the cover plate and put your old fitting on easily. Have you tried a heated ultrasonic treatment on the head using painters alcohal @40 degrees c? Put about 1/8"deep for five minutes, then flush it.

printcolor

I just replaced the head that was in mine with a brand new Toshiba CE4W1 and the damn thing printed fine for about a day and now I’m replacing most every board in the thing!

PHCB, the daughter board and the Multifunction Board.

If this doesn’t get it printing correctly I’m about to toss this thing in the lake!

IvanDD

I dont have the machine to do the soakings, but I've seen the machine. Looks cool. Yea since I've posted this, Ive been told the CE4W1 will not work, however if its just a matter of a bracket then idk. Digiprint has the CE4 45129144 head i need for 2k, so I might just go that route. Did you guys follow any sort of guide? It looks pretty straight forward. I've replaced heads in my Roland XC-540, and the head adjustments look pretty similar.

ArtLife_CG

Hi guys! I have MIMAKI JFX-1631, the original head is (replacing M008386 & KX-CE308644CS-CE4 number M018821), but I want to install Toshiba CE4W1 (Ref. CE4W1 - DP part: PPHTO87940), it is three times cheaper. I read the characteristics of the head - the same. Has anyone tried? Will it work well or will there be problems? Thank!

Ronc

As long as you get it mounted correctly, it will work. The ce4w, ce4w1 and 1a are all the same except for the fitting, which you can remove from the original head unit