• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raster and vector profile

ssfirme

Am i using the correct profiles to print on oracal rapid Air. On the pre press i use for raster image and the max density for vector files.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150319_085832.jpg
    20150319_085832.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 20150319_085757.jpg
    20150319_085757.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 97
Both of the Presets you show (Pre-Press US and Max Density US) use the same working space profiles; RGB=Adobe RGB1998 and CMYK=US Web Coated SWOP.

They differ in the Rendering Intents that are being used. The Pre-Press US preset uses Relative Colorimetric for both raster and vector, while Max Density US uses Relative Colorimetric for raster, and turns off color management for vector.

Sorry, but you are asking the wrong question.

You are not using different working space 'profiles'. You are using different Rendering Intents. A rendering intent defines the behavior for out-of-gamut colors, in terms of remapping into the destination gamut. Different rendering intents will remap colors differently. According the the ICC (International Color Consortium) rulebook, there need to be at least four rendering intents available for users to choose from, in order to be ICC compliant.

Each Rendering Intent is built for a particular purpose. Your job is to configure your workflow to achieve the goals you are looking for (in other words, color accuracy vs bold and pleasing color, for example).

For more information on the ICC and it's mission:

www.color.org