• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raster Image countour cut

ssfirme

Ok so i have a raster image and i put a Roland versa coutour cut( the pink contour cut). Then i save as EPS and i open the file in versaworks, but it only prints and does not cut it, how can i cut a raster image?

fresh

i don't have a roland, so i'm not sure if its the same thing... but usually you need a vector outline in addition to the raster image in order to do a print/cut

player

Assuming the cut line is present, there is a setting in Versaworks in the Settings ---> Cut Controls tab that allows you to choose print/cut.

CanuckSigns

If you did the cut line properly, when you bring the file into versaworks there should be a red flashing "marching ants" line when you click the settings button, if you don't see that, something went wrong with the cut line (wrong thickness, not a spot colour etc.)

hope this helps

splizaat

You need to select all layers except the cut contour layer (in illustrator) and flatten transparencies. Then save and bring it back into versaworks.