• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raster Link Pro on XP - pw for Mistral??

akuarela

Hi,

Just got in our new/old JV3S

As administrator, I installed the Raster Link Pro, but it installs it's own Mistral administrator that needs a password. Anyone know what that password may be?
I already tried my own administrator account but that did not work.

Thanks for looking!

akuarela

RobbyMac

I think when we did a fresh install last fall it was either blank, or the current xp user password. suprised that didnt work for you :(

akuarela

Thanks Robby, I'll give it another try in a while. I reinstalled the Raster Link, after doing some BIOS changes (have to do with ECP), so maybe now it'll work. Let you know.

akuarela

Still no luck...

I have tried logging in from my regular adminstrator account & the Mistral account, with no passwords (which they don't have)
I get "Login failure - a user name or password is wrong"

I tried giving the Mistral the dongle registration as pw, no results there either.

Any ideas someone, I'd really like to get our baby printing, the print test is looking all pretty.
Thanks!

<Just got in our new/old JV3S

As administrator, I installed the Raster Link Pro, but it installs it's own Mistral administrator that needs a password. Anyone know what that password may be?
I already tried my own administrator account but that did not work.>

RobbyMac

Any luck yet?
I just remembered this thread and went through my notes on fresh install of rasterlink pro. It appears as though we used the windows xp administrator password...

3) Rasterlink Pro
Remove all USB Keys/Dongles
Insure Microsoft IIS was installed from Windows CD. (Needs ftp and web server, see rasterlink install book)
Install Rasterlink via Install CD

Install java Runtime J2RE1_4_19: j2re-1_4_2_19-windows-i586-p.exe
Immediately go to control panel, open java, and disable any updates/future downloads

Load rasterlink via web browser, login as Administrator using the windows administrator password.
Verify it works, create user account and set as admin rights (ie create Mimaki_User & Password, set as admin)

Install 1394_v210 Driver (Firewire driver for Mimaki)
Install SETUPJV3SP4101.exe (Mimaki Printer Driver)