• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raster Printer UVZ720 - Any Good?

ScotJ

Anyone know this printer very well?
Raster Printer UVZ720

Attachments

• 1597.jpg
    1597.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 172

SignManiac

It was my first UV flatbed back in 2006...Total piece of crap. After six months of trying to get it to print I gave up and forced the seller to take it back. I ended up losing about $10k over the six month it was in my shop. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

ScotJ

What types of problems?

Keep in mind - I'm ONLY printing roll to roll?

The seller has told me of some issues, as well as a PILE of fixed he made to the machine, plus its only $5k.

AKWD

Wow. Wish I could find deals like that up here.

(BTW -- Anyone who does have deals, PM me :) )

Rep

I have a Raster 720UVZ for sale for $8k. This machine went for near 60k not but a few years ago. PM me for more details.

SignManiac

You had better have a real passion for tinkering and all things mechanical to keep it running. I had a hard time keeping it dialed in and calibrated. Good luck

Dani Plotter

We have installed 6 of these printers in my customers. All of them are working but they needed a lot of repairs. If you are to print only roll to roll, It is a good machine. The weakness is in the electronic boards, they are not very stable I recommend to put a voltage regulator. Be sure the print heads are in a good status.

Joseph G

RASTER 720 UVZ TECHNICIAN / REPAIR NEEDED or some with experience with large format printer
I have recently imported a RASTER 720 from the US, I have come into a couple issues,

1. When I am printing sometimes a large blue droplet of ink will fall and ruin my print?
2. Im not getting the color green consistently sometimes i will get green then other times i will get a fire yellow color.

If anyone can please send advise, it would be appreciated

Thanks

REDMAN

Sounds like Cyan is dropping out (lack of reverse pressure) could be a problem with the ink reservoir. Make sure there is no leak in the vaccuum hoses you may need to cut a small piece off the ends and put back on the ink reservoir. Whatever you do don't spend too much on this printer.