Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raster Printer UVZ720 - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by ScotJ, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ScotJ

ScotJ Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Anyone know this printer very well?
    Raster Printer UVZ720

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    It was my first UV flatbed back in 2006...Total piece of crap. After six months of trying to get it to print I gave up and forced the seller to take it back. I ended up losing about $10k over the six month it was in my shop. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

3. ScotJ

ScotJ Member

Aug 14, 2008
    What types of problems?

Keep in mind - I'm ONLY printing roll to roll?

The seller has told me of some issues, as well as a PILE of fixed he made to the machine, plus its only $5k.

4. WDP

WDP Member

Sep 21, 2008
    wow 5k

5. AKWD

AKWD Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Wow. Wish I could find deals like that up here.

(BTW -- Anyone who does have deals, PM me :) )

6. Rep

Rep New Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I have a Raster 720UVZ for sale for $8k. This machine went for near 60k not but a few years ago. PM me for more details.

7. ebraude

ebraude New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    contact me

Call me at 416 255 7900, interested in buying.

Enoch

8. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    You had better have a real passion for tinkering and all things mechanical to keep it running. I had a hard time keeping it dialed in and calibrated. Good luck

9. Dani Plotter

Dani Plotter New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    SPAIN
    We have installed 6 of these printers in my customers. All of them are working but they needed a lot of repairs. If you are to print only roll to roll, It is a good machine. The weakness is in the electronic boards, they are not very stable I recommend to put a voltage regulator. Be sure the print heads are in a good status.

10. Joseph G

Joseph G New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    RASTER 720 UVZ TECHNICIAN / REPAIR NEEDED or some with experience with large format printer
    I have recently imported a RASTER 720 from the US, I have come into a couple issues,

1. When I am printing sometimes a large blue droplet of ink will fall and ruin my print?
    2. Im not getting the color green consistently sometimes i will get green then other times i will get a fire yellow color.

If anyone can please send advise, it would be appreciated

Thanks

11. REDMAN

REDMAN New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Sounds like Cyan is dropping out (lack of reverse pressure) could be a problem with the ink reservoir. Make sure there is no leak in the vaccuum hoses you may need to cut a small piece off the ends and put back on the ink reservoir. Whatever you do don't spend too much on this printer.

12. macmedia

macmedia Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Goshen, NY
    If anyone needs the printheads for the Raster, we carry new Spectra heads for this.

Mac Media USA, Inc.
    Chester, NY
    www.macmedia.com