• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterizing... What a Pain!!

graywoulf

Ok, a while back I made a post talking about "Flattening" images in Flexi 10 PRO. I got lots of good feedback but I still have the same problem. No matter what I try to do to "Export" a file into whatever format albeit .eps, .jpg, .pdf or whatever, if there are ANY imported graphics involved then the "Rasterization" process is eminent. Today I have waited over an hour and a half for one selected graphic out of one file to export as a .eps file. The graphic I am referring to is comprised mostly of simple graphics produced in Flexi except for two imported Photoshop files (.psd). I have watched the screen pop up one "Rasterizing" window after another all morning and it still is not finished. Is there any way to work around this or to avoid this process altogether? I would really like to know.

rjssigns

If something needs to go through Flexi, say to add a contour cut. I do every last bit of processing in PS or Ai. Flexi just chokes otherwise. It is not made to handle rasterization of different files from different programs IMO.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Files should be print ready and flattened before dragging them into the Flexi program. Usually, the ripping process only takes a long time if the file has not been optimized correctly. We get a ton of orders daily with various file formats and sizes, some files take considerably longer during the rasterization process and this usually occurs when the DPI is left extremely high in some of our scenarios. Lower the dpi to increase speed since 100~150 can print out acceptable quality on banners. Best bet would be to possibly invest in one of the new solid state drives out on the market but they can be costly if you’re planning to buy one with a high storage capacity. The speed boost from having a new SSD is well worth it though :Big Laugh.

Flame

Flexi is not a competent design program, it is a RIP program. Do all your designing and drop prepped files into flexi to cut and/or print. All raster designs should be flattened and saved as a raster file (jpg, tif etc.), vectors is of your own personal choice. I use ai. 3 format myself