• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink 6 Favorites & Hot Folder Help

equippaint

We just loaded RL 6 v5.15 onto a new PC win10 and can't quite figure out favorite settings or get jobs to export from Corel x7 direct into RL. They go into the hot folder (I think that part is correct) but don't auto load into RL. The file permanently stays in the designated hot folder as an eps too.

We set 2 favorites 1 for print/cut decals and 1 for sign print. The cut parameters will change properly when you load the settings but we can not get the resolution (or any quality settings) to change when selecting a preset favorite. We still have to manually go in and change it, while not a big deal, it defeats the purpose.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you send the file from Corel to the hot folder do you use the FineCut software? If not, that's the issue. The hot folder doesn't take pure EPS files. It needs the FineCut plug-in to convert it to a Mimaki file and then sends it.

As far as the favorites go, the buttons can be a little confusing. Hover over each button with the mouse and it will show you what they do and you will find one that allows you to save the settings. It will save whatever you are currently set to in the quality tab.

equippaint

When you send the file from Corel to the hot folder do you use the FineCut software? If not, that's the issue. The hot folder doesn't take pure EPS files. It needs the FineCut plug-in to convert it to a Mimaki file and then sends it.

As far as the favorites go, the buttons can be a little confusing. Hover over each button with the mouse and it will show you what they do and you will find one that allows you to save the settings. It will save whatever you are currently set to in the quality tab.
I skipped finecut, Ill add that. The 3 buttons are "update favorite", "load settings", "load settings to editing job and quality". Under the job list's favorite tab, the "load quality settings to editing and quality" button is grayed out.
It will save the settings under the favorite but when I bring another job in, it wont load the quality settings. Only the cut parameters change.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We used to use Rasterlink with our Mimaki. But only used it for managing prints. All cuts were done within Corel using FineCut plugin. We now have an HP and Flexi. But still only use Flexi to manage prints. All plots are still done within Corel using the FineCut plugin.

tooler82

We used to use Rasterlink with our Mimaki. But only used it for managing prints. All cuts were done within Corel using FineCut plugin. We now have an HP and Flexi. But still only use Flexi to manage prints. All plots are still done within Corel using the FineCut plugin.
I’ve never been able to figure out other programs lol. I use Flexi for everything. I’m probably missing out on some good stuff from being limited to just Flexi 11.

equippaint

So I gave up on favorites. Im getting a black border printing around the print when exporting through Corel X7. Sending as a PDF it doesn't happen but its much easier to hit the RL button than to export the file. There a way to fix it?

Last edited: