Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rasterlink 6 noob

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by iPrintStuff, Nov 1, 2019.

1. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi, hoping this is a simple one that I’m just missing. Still relatively new to RL6 but I can’t seem to find an estimated job run time/approximate end time? Where do I find this? They had it in RL5 so assuming it’s here somewhere!

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It's in the, "Quality" tab where you choose your profile. That way you can see the time difference between certain modes etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I can’t even see that in the quality tab! Maybe I’m on the bare bones RL6 because I managed to get the free upgrade from 5. I’ll have a hunt around and see if there’s any updates that I’ve missed that include those parts!

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Here is a screen shot of where to look.

Attached Files:

5. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I haven’t got that. Had a big run today so when I get a bit time I’ll see if there’s any updates. Thanks for your help!

6. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    Ours has a giant rainbow colored "Q" on its button.

7. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have the actual quality tab, just appear to be missing anything that could give me an insight into how long prints will actually take. Will update on Tuesday after I update RL6

8. ewded

ewded Active Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    Rasterlink gives you estimated print time if you print ONLY but not when PRINT+CUT, try only printing something you'll find the estimation pretty easily somewhere (im not using rasterlink anymore)

9. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    image.jpg On version 5.16 now and still no print time? Any thoughts?

10. Texastech

Texastech New Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Dallas
    Did you rip or print the file? Need to do one of those before it will show ink calculation, print time, etc..

11. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    yes I ripped the files. It gives all the usual ink consumption etc but just doesn’t show an estimated print time. (As per solventinkjet’s photo)

Even on rasterlink 5 I could look at the job queue and it would tell me how long a job has been running and how long it should run for.

very odd