• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink 6 Plus 2.7, 2.8. 2.9 - slow job import

yannb

Hello everyone,

There seems to be something strange going on with Rasterlink Plus 6 v2.7, 2.8 and 2.9. As of today importing jobs take minutes instead of seconds. Rasterlink does not freeze. Reinstalling does not help. Apparently v2.1 is not affected. Several people have confirmed this behaviour (my fellow service engineers while visiting customers and some members of a facebook group).

Did anyone here witness this phenomenon?

Regards,
Yann

mama_mimaki

Slinging Ink all day everyday
So weird, having the same issue... My guess is that it is communicating with a Mimaki server somewhere if everyone is having the same problem. I thought had a bad USB cable or something...

yannb

The problem seems to have disappeared all by itself from our PC's and these of our customers. I hope it doesn't come back.

yannb

Yann,
FYI: If you disconnect the internet from your computer it works normally..

Hi, your comment made me look into the matter again. It turns out Rasterlink is communicating with Wasatch and Amazon when importing and ripping jobs. The Wasatch rip engine is used by Rasterlink (mijpeer.exe). So either Wasatch (and Mimaki?) are collecting data based on import and rip activity. I guess there were issues with these remote servers a few days ago, which caused Rasterlink to crawl.

Attachments

• Rasterlink internet connecties copy 2.png
    Rasterlink internet connecties copy 2.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 402