Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rasterlink 6 Plus 2.7, 2.8. 2.9 - slow job import

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by yannb, Sep 8, 2020.

1. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    Hello everyone,

There seems to be something strange going on with Rasterlink Plus 6 v2.7, 2.8 and 2.9. As of today importing jobs take minutes instead of seconds. Rasterlink does not freeze. Reinstalling does not help. Apparently v2.1 is not affected. Several people have confirmed this behaviour (my fellow service engineers while visiting customers and some members of a facebook group).

Did anyone here witness this phenomenon?

Regards,
    Yann

Tags:
  2. mama_mimaki

mama_mimaki Slinging Ink all day everyday

Jun 16, 2020
    Tulsa OK
    So weird, having the same issue... My guess is that it is communicating with a Mimaki server somewhere if everyone is having the same problem. I thought had a bad USB cable or something...

3. mama_mimaki

mama_mimaki Slinging Ink all day everyday

Jun 16, 2020
    Tulsa OK
    Yann,
    FYI: If you disconnect the internet from your computer it works normally..

• Like Like x 1
  4. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    The problem seems to have disappeared all by itself from our PC's and these of our customers. I hope it doesn't come back.

5. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    Hi, your comment made me look into the matter again. It turns out Rasterlink is communicating with Wasatch and Amazon when importing and ripping jobs. The Wasatch rip engine is used by Rasterlink (mijpeer.exe). So either Wasatch (and Mimaki?) are collecting data based on import and rip activity. I guess there were issues with these remote servers a few days ago, which caused Rasterlink to crawl.

Attached Files: