• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rasterlink?? any good?

SignsInTime

I've talked to the guys at advatage sign (matt) and some people at grimco about the JV33. Rasterlink is free with the mimaki from grimco, but no software comes with the mimaki from advantage. I was very impressed with Matt at Advantage and he recommended opting for the Onyx rip instead of the rasterlink. has anyone had any trouble getting profiles for rasterlink? what are the pros and cons of rasterlink vs onyx?

I probably put this in the wrong place, oops

Last edited:

wildside

your right, matt at advantage rocks!!

rasterlink comes with the mimaki printer, it is bundled with it from japan, at least ours was, when we bought our equipment, we opted for onyx and we now have both

we hated onyx at first, and actually was using rasterlink because it is very user friendly, we now only use onyx and rasterlink sits on the shelf, you can do so much more with onyx

eforer

Frankly, printers vary enough that using someone else's profile will probably result in lack luster prints. I would just plan on investing the time and money to profile everything yourself anyways and not really factoring availible profiles into your rip decision making process. I don't really think rasterlink is a versatile/powerful enough solution. I would look at Wasatch, a great value.

myronb

Rasterlink comes with the Mimaki, bu Advantage has some deal where they send it back & get a refund--to save you money! We already had flexi so the rep told us we could save some money by using it. He said not to open it & when he came to set the machine up, he took the Rasterlink back with him. Sometimes, when I'm frustrated, and after reading alot of opinions on here & printingdigital.com, I wish I had paid for it & kept it. But, then I'd probably be frustrated with it, too!

Myron

no2yes2man2

I prefer Onyx. I used flexi for awhile, probably about 2 years and then went to onyx, and happy with the options it has. Just my 2 cents.