• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink Not Opening

triplevdesigns

Hello,

I'm not sure what is going on with Rasterlink5 but I'm getting this message when I open. A problem occurred while reading [C.RstrLink\Env\MainWindow.properties]. This file is not for RasterlinkPro5SG.

I've tried updating and restarting the computer but then I get updated not available (Code=[7])

If anyone has seen this error what do I do?

stax

Hope this will help you

Hey
I guess something is wrong with the RL program ini files. I will suggest to re-install all the program and the profiles as well. In first to keep your jobs and setting you will need to:
1. Copy folders - Adjust, Jobs, Printer, Profile within the RL folder on separate HDD/folder on same PC or just archive them
2.Uninstall RL from the Control panel - don't keep any files or profiles(you have them already saved in 1st step)
3. Re-Install your RL or download the latest installer from Mimaki web site v4.0 is complate installer(v2.40 as well but its too old now)
4. Add your printer/s + update the profiles from Mimaki web site
5. Validate your license on-line and start the program( at this point it should work )
6. Close the program and copy the folders from step 1 into the main folder of RL(overwrite all when asked)
7. start the RL with all your jobs kept from before crash

Good luck

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I know this is a super old post, and my apologies for brining it back from the grave; but I just had this exact same thing happen to me in Rasterlink6 and came across this post. Figured it would be worth it to post a solution in case anyone else came across it.

This error appears to be a window display error when first opening up Rasterlink. What happened to me is the whole screen minimized to be about .25" x 2" in the top left part of my screen. All you need to do to fix is to re-stretch that minimized window to full screen and it should work. I haven't been able to get rid of the error message and need to do this every time I open Rasterlink, but it seems a bit easier to do this than to setup Rasterlink again, but that's just my opinion.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I know this is a super old post, and my apologies for brining it back from the grave; but I just had this exact same thing happen to me in Rasterlink6 and came across this post. Figured it would be worth it to post a solution in case anyone else came across it.

This error appears to be a window display error when first opening up Rasterlink. What happened to me is the whole screen minimized to be about .25" x 2" in the top left part of my screen. All you need to do to fix is to re-stretch that minimized window to full screen and it should work. I haven't been able to get rid of the error message and need to do this every time I open Rasterlink, but it seems a bit easier to do this than to setup Rasterlink again, but that's just my opinion.

Close Rasterlink and then go to C:\Mijsuite\ENV\RL01\ and look for a file called, "Mainwindow" and delete it. Next time you open Rasterlink it will recreate the file using default values. Hope that helps!

Adam Vreeke

Close Rasterlink and then go to C:\Mijsuite\ENV\RL01\ and look for a file called, "Mainwindow" and delete it. Next time you open Rasterlink it will recreate the file using default values. Hope that helps!
I saw this file when I followed the pathing in the error message. Was a bit curious why it was modified the day the error message went down, but now this makes sense. Should I also delete the Main.Window.properties.bak file? It seems like when I make a window change in RL and minimize the window it doesn't save the changes, wondering if this will re-write as well and save changes when I make them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I saw this file when I followed the pathing in the error message. Was a bit curious why it was modified the day the error message went down, but now this makes sense. Should I also delete the Main.Window.properties.bak file? It seems like when I make a window change in RL and minimize the window it doesn't save the changes, wondering if this will re-write as well and save changes when I make them.
Don't delete the BAK file. It's the file with the defaults in it! You can also just copy what's in the BAK file and paste it in the mainwindow file. Or open the file in notepad and edit it how you like.

Adam Vreeke

Don't delete the BAK file. It's the file with the defaults in it! You can also just copy what's in the BAK file and paste it in the mainwindow file. Or open the file in notepad and edit it how you like.
Perfect thanks! I opened both in notepad and noticed all the values are the same so not sure what that means, I will try the delete the MainWindow folder EOD today and see if that works. I also copied and pasted a backup of both files just in case.

Adam Vreeke

Still get the error when doing this, but the window isn't minimized when opening RL6, and it keeps the cell settings when I minimized it. I can deal with that. Thanks for all the help Solventinkjet