• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink only cuts using a Mimaki plotter?

gabagoo

This is what I was told from the technician installing my new printer..... Why do I want it, if I still need to have another RIP to use my Summa.

I suppose I could use it for non cut jobs but why even bother....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just like Versaworks only runs Roland machines, Rasterlink only runs Mimaki machines. usually my customers use a full featured RIP like Flexi or Onyx when they are using multiple brands.

gabagoo

I have Flexi as the RIP. Just found it odd that he was promoting this Rasterlink saying it has better colour management than Flexi. Hey so far the one profile I have ran for the past 2 days on Flexi is great and way better than my older printer so I am pleased with Flexi.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I wouldn't promote anything about Rasterlink aside from the fact that it's free and technically it will drive a printer.

Onyx thrive/cut server works better for us when printing from our Roland or Mimaki and cutting on Summa.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Rasterlink 6 might just be the worst piece of free software out there. 3 more steps to do jobs than there needs to be and the visuals are way off. Absolutely no need to show you the extra image for the print and cut job as if it’s a different job.

Rasterlink 5 was miles ahead of rasterlink 6 which doesn’t make sense either. 3 tabs to cover everything you need and the job preview screen/list of jobs available were a lot cleaner to view.

that being said, it’s a mimaki software so makes sense that they only support mimaki. Lots of workarounds though