Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Rasterlink Pro 5 colour profile back up

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by PrinterPerson, Jul 23, 2020.

1. PrinterPerson

PrinterPerson New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    Melbourne
    Hi,

We have an old printer that is using Rasterlink Pro 5. The computer seems to be slowly dying and my plan is to clone the hard drive onto a new one.

However I would like to back up the custom colour profiles just in case it doesn't work (there aren't any on our server, and the person who set them up has retired so I can't ask him). Can someone please point me to the directory where I would find these, and if there's anything in particular I need to do?

I've had a look around and I can guess where they might be, but would feel happier if I knew for sure. Googling hasn't given me any definitive answers, any back up information is more about backing up job settings.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tags:
  2. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    You can't just back up the ICC profile. you need to back up the "media profile"
    i have no exp with rasterlink but in the profile manager somewhere you should be able to export your media profile.

3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Pretty much exactly as above. Open the media manager (RL has to be closed). Export the profile(s) you want.

worth noting you may be allowed to upgrade to rasterlink
    6 for free.