• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink Pro 5 SG...CJV30-160 4x2CMYK Cant print PMS colors from Illustrator...HELP

Sign Shark

3M Preferred Graphics Installer
Why can't I print say CMYK Process color from Illustrator through Finecut output profile 3M 180 and it's not even close?
I am new to Rasterlink all together and can't figure it out...Please any info that could help would be greatly appreciated.

CS-SignSupply

Dealer you bought it from should be your first call. Did you get any training with the purchase? Are you using 3M 180 material?

Sign Shark

Dealer you bought it from should be your first call. Did you get any training with the purchase? Are you using 3M 180 material?

Yeah, well dealer is out of the question...passed off used unit as new unit, someone else had our ink rights, scammed the owner into getting promotional materials instead of sending someone out
to help set up...unit came damaged said it was shipping company which the box it came in wasn't damaged...too many more issues to list...
so no training...trial and error...with emphasis on error...!
Yes, on 3M 180.

CS-SignSupply

Was this an authorized Mimaki Dealer? If so, and your statements are on point, I am sure Mimaki would like to hear about this and know who is doing the scamming.

Not to mention Signs101 members to avoid a similar issue in the future.

As for color management, you really need to get a Rasterlink expert to help. I could help with Roland products and software but not Rasterlink.

Sign Shark

Mimaki is well informed of this issue...they have been a great help so far...
Go Ink Jet dot com by bensak
Do you or anyone know a Rasterlink Tech in SW Florida?

CS-SignSupply

Hope you get the help needed. There are plenty of Pro's and Con's to buying from a local dealer but if support/training is needed, there really is no other way to go. The amount saved buying from dealer 1000+ miles away will be eaten up quickly in lack of knowledge/support/service.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hope you get the help needed. There are plenty of Pro's and Con's to buying from a local dealer but if support/training is needed, there really is no other way to go. The amount saved buying from dealer 1000+ miles away will be eaten up quickly in lack of knowledge/support/service.

This is the way to go. A lot of the smaller dealers, and some of the big ones, are selling these machines at very discounted prices and a lot of the reason is because they do not employ full time technicians. We pick-up a lot of local business because people's machines, warrantied and not, go down and they call their dealer but the technician is "out of town". We show up less than 24 hours later and get them up and running. A good customer goes down over the weekend? I pick up some overtime and help them out.

Also, I have personally worked on some of these "new" machines from Bensak and they are not a company I would ever do business with based on the fact that I have had to refurbish a couple of their, "Perfect Working Condition", machines out of the box.