• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink Pro5 SG is eating my hard drive

Paul Wilson

Hi all

We are running Rasterlink Pro5SG and have just installed it on a new pc running Windows 10.

I noticed that my Hard drive is running out of space so did some digging and found that each job I have sent to it seems have several .bin files stored with it.

e.g. I have a 7mb eps file which has printed successfully on the first attempt.

In the Rstrlink/jobs/org/mf/date of file/... folder I have 10 files called

Rip_001_01.bin
Rip_001_02.bin
Rip_001_03.bin etc up to
Rip_001_10.bin

each of these files is 524mb! so a whopping 5gb of data for a 7mb file??

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you right click on the job you can delete the RIP data only and still keep the job in the list. That will cut down on the space used. Then go into the settings and change it so that it doesn't save the RIPed data after printing and it won't save those files. This will mean the job has to be re-ripped to print but if you use immediate print most of the time it shouldn't be a big deal.

Paul Wilson

If you right click on the job you can delete the RIP data only and still keep the job in the list. That will cut down on the space used. Then go into the settings and change it so that it doesn't save the RIPed data after printing and it won't save those files. This will mean the job has to be re-ripped to print but if you use immediate print most of the time it shouldn't be a big deal.

Hi There
Thanks for that, the odd thing is we have been using this for years and on our old PC - running Windows XP we could store about 200 jobs, all with data, on a much smaller hard drive.

Our current files are very similar in size but now seem to all have these multiple .bin files, all of which are 524mb.
I just sent a 10mb file over and watched the mf folder as it ripped. It immediately created a .bin file, then a few seconds later another, then a third.

If anyone else is using pro5SG could you see if you have these multiple files too?

look in the Rstrlink/jobs/org/mf/date of file/...

thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi There
Thanks for that, the odd thing is we have been using this for years and on our old PC - running Windows XP we could store about 200 jobs, all with data, on a much smaller hard drive.

Our current files are very similar in size but now seem to all have these multiple .bin files, all of which are 524mb.
I just sent a 10mb file over and watched the mf folder as it ripped. It immediately created a .bin file, then a few seconds later another, then a third.

If anyone else is using pro5SG could you see if you have these multiple files too?

look in the Rstrlink/jobs/org/mf/date of file/...

thanks

Over time Rasterlink 5 had a tendency to glitch out especially when it came to the file system. You can upgrade to Rasterlink 6 for free and it is much less buggy.