• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rasterlink question

Zambookajoe

I currently own a jv33 160 and I am presently shopping for a plotter to cut out my prints and logos.

My questions are can I cut directly from rasterlink3 and do you recommend mimaki plotters.

thanks

Case

You can't cut directly from Rasterlink, but if you buy a Mimaki plotter you would get a plugin called Finecut that can be installed into Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw...... Print through Rasterlink and cut through the plugin... If you get a Graphtec plotter you get a plugin called Cutting Master that also has a plugin that can be used with Illustrator and Corel...........

Both plotters will do what you need... Great Machines...

Or you get spend even more money and get a Summa, which is also a really great machine....

Case

etfourie

i am currently using illustrator / fine-cut on a mac with rasterlink pro sg on a ms xp pc.
how do i get to jobs to be in the same group inside rasterlink. ?
If i look in the group column it just say (single)

Rooster

I use a wasatch rip with their cutting add on module and a Summa T140. Print/cut couldn't be easier.

Dice

I believe you can with RasterLink 4 which i think you can get with their print and cut devices. I asked about an upgrade and they said they didn't plan to offer an upgrade from 3 to 4, this was about 8 months ago though.

Area51Graphix

Hi!!

You can´t cut from rasterlink, but cna print from rasterlink and cut from finecut plugin, mimaki cutting plotter are great.

bye, good luck....

DigitalBBQ

You can buy graphtec CE-5000 series, either 24" or 48" $1300 and $2500
These are great machine but weird sizes of the two.
If you decal is less than 22" wide, then buy the small one.
If you decal is larger than 46" then you buy the FC series which cost about $3000 to $5000 about the price of 1 karat flawless diamond.

Do your design in corel draw and put outline of your design as a seperate layer, and the plug-in software using in either corel draw or illustrator will cut from the layer that you want it to be cut buy placing registration mark on the artwork.

You can export the artwork with registration mark to your printer, and cut later. Real easy!

Graphec cutter is really fast, and registration mark detection is very precise. ONE IMPORTANT ADVISE: Use only the original BLADES , don't use the after-market so you can go through 3-4 rolls of 50 yards vinyl with single blade with no issue when you weeding letters. ($35 per blade)