• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink temperature settings

MangoPRI

Hey all,

Complete newbie to Solvent printers. Just picked up a CJV30-160 so I am using this forum to learn.

Anyhow, when using a profile in rasterlink, such as GPVC and selecting immediate print it is not sending the temperature settings over to the printer.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I prefer to have the printer handle the heater settings. In the RIP just set the heater settings to ,"Panel" which just means to let the printer handle the heater settings. Then set the heater settings in the setup menu, not the heater button on the panel. The heater button on the panel sets the settings for the current job and then resets back to whatever you have set in the setup menu.

MangoPRI

Thanks. I'd rather have the profile send them across though like it does in Signlab pro. Is it not possible to do it on the rip side?

Was hoping to create profiles and make it as simple as possible for staff etc.

Thanks for the help so far.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks. I'd rather have the profile send them across though like it does in Signlab pro. Is it not possible to do it on the rip side?

Was hoping to create profiles and make it as simple as possible for staff etc.

Thanks for the help so far.

Go into the setup menu and choose the Type you are setting up. Then scroll down until you see, "Priority" and hit enter. Now set that setting to, "individually'. Once it's set to individually, you should be able to hit the function button and it will bring you through the options to tell the printer what to let the printer handle and what to let the RIP(Host) to handle. Hit enter to scroll through the options and when you get to heater settings, set the value to, "Host". Keep hitting enter until you get all the way through the menu and it gets back to the original menu. Now you can just hit end until you get back to the home screen. The RIP should now handle the heater settings.

MangoPRI

Thanks but what do you mean when you say Type that I am setting up?

Go into the setup menu and choose the Type you are setting up. Then scroll down until you see, "Priority" and hit enter. Now set that setting to, "individually'. Once it's set to individually, you should be able to hit the function button and it will bring you through the options to tell the printer what to let the printer handle and what to let the RIP(Host) to handle. Hit enter to scroll through the options and when you get to heater settings, set the value to, "Host". Keep hitting enter until you get all the way through the menu and it gets back to the original menu. Now you can just hit end until you get back to the home screen. The RIP should now handle the heater settings.
but what do you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks but what do you mean when you say Type that I am setting up?

but what do you

When you go into the setup menu it will ask you which Type you are setting up. You have the option of type 1 - 4. The default type is Type 1. This allows you to save 4 different settings. Usually people will use Type 1 for vinyl and type 2 to for banner etc. Think of it as a save file for your settings.

MangoPRI

When you go into the setup menu it will ask you which Type you are setting up. You have the option of type 1 - 4. The default type is Type 1. This allows you to save 4 different settings. Usually people will use Type 1 for vinyl and type 2 to for banner etc. Think of it as a save file for your settings.

Aha thank you, makes sense.

One more question :)

What's the difference between immediate print and rip and print? They seem to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Chris

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Aha thank you, makes sense.

One more question :)

What's the difference between immediate print and rip and print? They seem to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Chris

RIP and Print processes the entire file first and then send the job to the printer. Immediate print processes about 10% of the file and starts printing while it processes the rest. With smaller files you won't notice a big difference but with larger files, immediate print is always faster. Most people use immediate print 99% of the time.

The only reason you would want to use RIP and Print is for super large files that your computer can't process faster than the printer prints. Normally the printer will only pause for a millisecond once in a great while while printing but if it stops for a second or more multiple times, it's usually because the printer is printing faster than the computer can process and it's time to switch to RIP and print.