• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rasterpor 5.....

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
loves to tell me after the fact when my JV33 ink levels are down to 1% in the middle of a print. so, the print goes BYE BYE, as, i am not leaving the machine on all night long till my cartridge gets here.
very annoying!
Does anyone else have this issue??
-Mosher

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
*blinks eyes*
you mean keep a spare set on board??
*slaps face*
bulk system?!?!
why didn't i ever think of that!!!!!!

-Actually, i do, and i have.

This does nothing when you are printing overnight huge jobs to get ahead, unless, you have a Fembot standing there ready to switch the cartridges out when they run out. you create 8 hours of down time because the programs says you have all this ink, and you come in the next morning to find out you just wasted your effing time... you can have twenty cases of ink waiting, but, when there is nobody here, that is as useless as Rosanne Barr's weight scale.

Matt-Tastic

*blinks eyes*
you mean keep a spare set on board??
*slaps face*
bulk system?!?!
why didn't i ever think of that!!!!!!

-Actually, i do, and i have.

This does nothing when you are printing overnight huge jobs to get ahead, unless, you have a Fembot standing there ready to switch the cartridges out when they run out. you create 8 hours of down time because the programs says you have all this ink, and you come in the next morning to find out you just wasted your effing time... you can have twenty cases of ink waiting, but, when there is nobody here, that is as useless as Rosanne Barr's weight scale.

You do know that you can take a cart out, replace it with a full cart while you're printing overnight, then return the near empty cart to the printer the next day, right?

This allows you to print overnight (with your full cart) then empty the original cart while you are on site finishing printing. You can also check your ink levels on the front of the machine and by hitting the "refresh" button in rasterlink if you think it's not reading correctly. Best of all worlds.

Hope that helps!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You do know that you can take a cart out, replace it with a full cart while you're printing overnight, then return the near empty cart to the printer the next day, right?

This allows you to print overnight (with your full cart) then empty the original cart while you are on site finishing printing. You can also check your ink levels on the front of the machine and by hitting the "refresh" button in rasterlink if you think it's not reading correctly. Best of all worlds.

Hope that helps!

Back when we ran cartridges on our JV33 on overnight unattended runs that is what I always did. Just put full cartridges in every slot to be safe. We run bulk on ours now though. A full 2 liters plus about 200ml (about 5 cartridges worth) per color. :thumb: The Triangle Ecobulk Ink bag system rocks! Even with that I will sometimes swap a full box on certain colors if I know it might be pushing it. About to be printing 8 full bus (40 foot city buses) wraps back to back, that would be a lot of cartridge swapping for sure.

Bly

Hope that helps!

attachment.php

Attachments

• wizard.jpg
    wizard.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 98

Masseria

well, actually,when using a bulk system is pretty easy, i print 24 hrs for 7 straight days for example,(300 mts x 1.6 witdht per day ,around 8, 830 hours each), i always keep bulksystem full.

Im using Inktec's 600ml per color (CCMMYYKK) so its 1,2 liters per color while using dual slot.

If you have top print several jobs in same roll, this wont help but if you need to print just 1 job it worked for me.

Talking about the damn chips, when you start printing, just take the chip out,(if able to) from the catridge that is beeing used. and jv33 wont realize this until it stops(cleaning procedure, new jobs,etc). so, if you can make your production stopless, you just dont need chips no more, also, this will increase your printing hours in case the chip is not at 100%.

For example:

You need to print 1 job(1file).

You have a bulk system with this config :
CCMMYYKK

You only have 1 100% cyan chip. You can put this chip in the first Cyan catridge so machine can start working, take it out, (DONT STOP BEYOND THIS POINT, IF NEEDED TO CONNECT A PICK UP(MOST PROBABLY), LEAVE THE CHIP UNTIL PICK UP IS WORKING). and then put it in the other.. so you can have 200% "chip ink" of cyan, with only 1 100% chip..

Any questions just ask.