• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasters, effects and cut paths cs4

routierracing

Im pretty much a Illy user at heart. The problem I have is when I do blurs, drop shadows, etc it takes forever for my pc to catch up on large files. Rasterize is also far from perfect and it seems like with any rasterized illy file (leaving the CutPath as a vector) problems always arise with versaworks picking up the cut path.

So common sense would say to bring any file with effects into photoshop to save them as a bitmap. Then however, what about the cutpath? Do you just place the bitmap back into illy and line up the cutpath manually? I'm interested in everyone else's solution to this problem. I'm sure there is no right or wrong way to go about it. But I sure haven't found a science to it.

Bill Modzel

You guessed it. In Illy, make sure your working at 100% size. Copy the part of the graphic that you are going to add effects to and past it into a PS document. Usually PS will open a new document to the same size as what is being held in copy.
Do your magic in PC and save it as the flattened image of your choice. Back in Illy
past it into a new layer and align with your original cut path.