• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re-640

danger

Im having issues with this printer both ripping threw Flexi and VW colors are not even close to what i could do with my sp540 biggest issue is red and the colors are pixelated at the momment here is a pic please help if you can my biggest problem i have to rip out of Flexi as i have a summa cutter

Attachments

• IMG_6397.jpg
    IMG_6397.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:

danger

Thats what im thnking even there test print file the tech did dont look that great wich is loaded with its own profile

Andrew O

Merchant Member
The combination of smaller drop sizes and significantly faster printing has made the right profiles really important with the machines that use this new print head. Shoot me a PM with your contact information and I can get someone to give you a call and work through it. Some vinyls are trickier than others, but we've nailed down profiles and settings for most at this point.

BALLPARK

What media are you using?

What profiles have you used in VW?

That splotchy looking print looks like a profile issue. The heat, dpi and media feed speed looks to be the problem within the profile.

I recently was testing some new profiles on some vinyl media. I got the splotchy looking prints when I tried some new profiles.

When ever I get a splotchy looking print (when I know I'm using the right profile) the media did not get to the correct temperature.

I have a friend in the biz that had a bunch of splotchy looking prints. Showed them a new profile to use for that media and then the prints looked outstanding. I think it is your profile...

Food for thought... I did some test prints using the VW "Premium Wrap Vinyl - ESM" profile for 3MIJ180-CV3 and Arlon 6000XRP. It looked fantastic and the print speed was very good compared to the brands profile.

danger

Still having issues here going on three weeks without a resolution colors are not right even in VW the tech was here from Roland and his photo of a bride with grey tones and non vivid colors was OK but even his test printed color charts were not vivid i don't know what the problem is but i'm losing money by the hour i expected better quality and fast prints then form my sp540v and its not even close

MichaelAlmand

Still having issues here going on three weeks without a resolution colors are not right even in VW the tech was here from Roland and his photo of a bride with grey tones and non vivid colors was OK but even his test printed color charts were not vivid i don't know what the problem is but i'm losing money by the hour i expected better quality and fast prints then form my sp540v and its not even close

same here, I can't load a pcv2 profile. I can't hit the nice rich blacks and reds I used to get with my SP540v. Still fooling around with the profiles though after a few runs and ordering double ink carts, I'm bound to hit something

Andrew O

Merchant Member
My offer still stands for anyone that needs help. Drop me a line with contact info, and I'll get someone to call.

danger

I have to talked to Roland i have talked to Flexi I'm still not getting colors worth a damn
looks like ill have to go back to a sp540 and im not happy about it unless someone can tell me how to fix this or has made a good profile