• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RE-640

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi! Tech Guys

I have not solve my problem on my Re-640, here are the symptoms of the machine,

Changed Dampers and a bit of ink landed on the Print Carriage Board but all fuses have connectivity and all boards light up except Servor Board therefore I disconnect the flex cables from the Print Carriage Board to the printhead to test and Servor Board light.

Solutions:

I changed Print Carriage Board and Linear Encoder Sensor and did Linear Encoder and Linear Encoder check and passed

Final Test:

Its printing Blank so it tells me its electrical problem, I took print head out to check if there is ink on it but it clean and nice then I reset all flex cables from print head to Print Carriage Board still printing blank. Could it be the 3 Ribbon Cables (main board to carriage board p/n# 1000004962) but I check end to end connectivity (every pin) and its good but I could miss some

Do I go ahead and order the 3 Ribbon Cables (main board to carriage board) or missing some steps, appreciate your help as always

Attachments

• Print Carriage.jpg
    Print Carriage.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 354

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Hi there!
It doesn't seem to be a ribbon cable problem at all. If there was a short circuit than it might be a printhead issue.

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi there!
It doesn't seem to be a ribbon cable problem at all. If there was a short circuit than it might be a printhead issue.
Hi! V.V

Thanks for your reply. you mean the two flex cables input towards the printhead is shorts? Any fix on that?

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi there!
Hi! Again,

Come to think of it, I might have installed the printhead with R facing the front instead of F, does that make any different? thanks brother

Ultraman

Ultraman
PH is dead for 95% then.
Thank V.V I kinda of in denial about it but the back of my mind it's a short at the print head board during dampers changed. Do you know anyone can repair a short on the print head or get a refurbish one? Thanks for your reply

Ultraman

Ultraman
It's impossible unfortunately, only replacement is an option.

I heard Russian pretty good with print heads because you guys run a lot of third parties ink. Any good suppliers for third parties ink from Euro or Korean?

Ultraman

Ultraman
It's impossible unfortunately, only replacement is an option.

Hi! VV,

I don't have the chance to see if the print head works or not and double checked that I indeed install back the print head correctly (F facing me). I checked the fuses and it blew again so I took it to check with an electrician and found that a pair of transistors reading low or OL. My question is, can I still upload the main board parameters just be to safe and do you have an RE-640 default parameters send to me? I want to see this job go...Man. Thank-you

solokong@gmail.com

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Euro or Korean
Check them out: Bordeaux Israel, InkTeck Korea, Nazdar/Lyson USA/UK, SunChemical UK. The only ones i can really recommend.

It's not surprising me that transistors are "burned" or in short. Means PH is dead 150%.

My question is, can I still upload the main board parameters just be to safe and do you have an RE-640 default parameters send to me? I want to see this job go...Man. Thank-you
Why do you need to upload MB parameters? It's not necessary if you replace PH or parts on MB.
Moreover, you can use Firmware pack to upload all the defaults.

Ultraman

Ultraman
Check them out: Bordeaux Israel, InkTeck Korea, Nazdar/Lyson USA/UK, SunChemical UK. The only ones i can really recommend.

It's not surprising me that transistors are "burned" or in short. Means PH is dead 150%.

Why do you need to upload MB parameters? It's not necessary if you replace PH or parts on MB.
Moreover, you can use Firmware pack to upload all the defaults.

Ok! so after fixing the MB, I try another use print head to see if its printing some colors but never to use back to original as you indicated it short..got it. I am just worry that if I come to need a new MB and have to do all manual setting again. Firmware pack? you mean by downloading the latest firmware(not from the oldest to latest) I can get back to default MB?

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
I am just worry that if I come to need a new MB and have to do all manual setting again
For sure - you won't need the new one. Electronics made by roland is really robust and reliable.

Firmware pack? you mean by downloading the latest firmware(not from the oldest to latest) I can get back to default MB?
Yes, correct. But still cannot get why do you think that you will need it?
BTW, there are also special function to load factory defaults biuld-in into MB firmware so you can perform it from you MB without FW update process required.

Ultraman

Ultraman
For sure - you won't need the new one. Electronics made by roland is really robust and reliable.

Yes, correct. But still cannot get why do you think that you will need it?
BTW, there are also special function to load factory defaults biuld-in into MB firmware so you can perform it from you MB without FW update process required.

Thanks brother talking to you has build my confident from 95% to 150% lol. So that special function is in service mode factory default? I don't really agree with you on this one, Roland parts really robust and reliable, they did it very consumable and easy breakable. I am going to test the fixed MB tomorrow and convince the customer to change a new print head. keep you in loop OK?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Jetbest ink from Taiwan is one of the good ones. I can say it is better than Bordeaux, Inktec because we tested them in house. Sun chemical or Nazdar. We don't come across them too much in S. California. WE ship to Canada. www.premiercolour.com

premiercolour

Merchant Member
It is a good question. You don't think it is better because we tested it?

So we brought in two VP300 printers in good working condition.

Test 1
Printer A, used Roland Eco Sol Max ink. Printer B, used Bordeaux NR4.1 ink. Both inks had very similar color. I can't tell you how close it is but since then, we have purchased a delta color verification tool. The smell of Bordeaux ink is significantly higher.

Test 2
Printer A, used Roland eco sol max ink. Printer B, used Jetbest Max ink with head wash prior. Used Oracal 3651G, used Roland icc profile, banner 2. Smell is in between of Roland Eco Sol Max and Bordeaux NR4.1.

We were a good size Bordeaux ink dealer. We know the product very well. Bordeaux is a great ink product but because of their recent ink supply issue, we have changed to Jetbest as our main supplier. I have personally visited the factory in Taiwan. They grind their own pigment, they make their own pace so they control the quality. They have invested big deal in R&D and currently selling more than 80 countries. Besides subsidiaries of Roland Japan, most of individually owned Roland dealers around the world use Jetbest ink as their replacement ink for Roland Eco Sol Max inks.

You get what you pay for does not apply here. Jetbest eco solvent works very well on Epson printhead equipped Roland eco sol max, eco sol max 2 ink printers.

www.premiercolour.com or call 714-668-9200 for consultation.

Ultraman

Ultraman
Depends on you skill's level and experience, dear))) We use to the different kind of service and engineering philosophy in Russia.

Hi! V.V

Finally RE-640 Print head arrived, installed it with new data head flex cables, keyed in rank# powerful clean x 2 clear old rank# and medium clean, test print but one whole magenta panel not printing at all (double cmyk) so I re-set the data head flex cables and there is a plastic flap that protects the flex cables which I forgot the flap back and lock resulting a head crashed (flex cable bend slightly) and all power was shut off so I put back the old data head flex cables to try but now its not printing anything again even though it power up with no problem. I check all fuses and even transistors reading was good...does it mean the print head short again?

If I need to replace MB, what I need to do or how to re-set MB?

Sigh...this job still not going. Thanks Brother