• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re designed Logo

Pinfinity

Would like to receive professional opinions and suggestions on the attached re- make of a plumbers logo I recently submitted for review.

I have tried a different approach this time

Appreciate it

Attachments

• Plumbers logo 6-5-12.jpg
    Plumbers logo 6-5-12.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 90

Jillbeans

...I still think the shamrock needs a black outline
Try the alternate "r" in the font used for the name for a better flow.
(check your character map)
I'd put the icon on the other side of the name.
I'd make the bottom panel maroon for better contrast rather than the tan.
The circle in the wrench handle needs to be the same color as the background rather than white.
Love....Jill

Pinfinity

Wow, Jillbeans, that's a big punch list! I appreciate your comments though. I better get this finished fast, before he is due to go out of business next week!

Hey, how many points do I get if my next door neighbor likes it?

Jillbeans

You asked for a professional opinion (this is round three of the same logo, right?) and I gave it.
I think I will keep my opinions to myself in the future.
It's stellar. I wouldn't change a thing.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Looks good.

I'd make the plumbing/heating text & panel larger with more contrast. Looks a little small now.
I'd try the Burgundy/Maroon too.

HulkSmash

Would like to receive professional opinions and suggestions on the attached re- make of a plumbers logo I recently submitted for review.

I have tried a different approach this time

Appreciate it

I really like what it's transformed to. I still think what he does is just way too small. No one cares what his first and last name is. We need to know what he does. But i do really like your layout. Very nice.

I agree with Colorado. You are getting closer with each round. One thing that bothers me is that the offset in the shadow on the shamrock is bigger than the offset in the shadow for his name.

ucmj22

It looks like you're designing a sign, not a logo.
Here are some issues that jump out at me
Lacking balance.
The gradient in the shamrock seems harsh.
The style of the hand/wrench doesn't seem to go with the rest of the design.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Move the 'Doherty' to the left a bit such that the incongruous cartoon hand** comes out behind the 'D' and doesn't look like a severed limb.

**That element is in a totally different style and finish than everything else. It still looks like clip-art and is mildly discordant.

Pinfinity

Thanks everyone for your take on the logo. I will make the necessary revisions and go with it. Appreciate all the help

visual800

i like it a version or so ago. i am not not liking the font of the Bob name nor this layout....it's just not flowing anymore like when you had logo on top