• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RE: Firmware for cjv30

Hi All,

I urgently require firmware vr 2.0 for mimaki cjv30-130, i had a board problem and on replacing the board the new firmware does not recognize the print head.

Thanks,

G.D

smithcolor

different firmware can caused the cartridges not recognized, it no relationship with printer head.
If printer not recognize print head, it will be problem of print head or main board.

Smith

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
different firmware can caused the cartridges not recognized, it no relationship with printer head.
If printer not recognize print head, it will be problem of print head or main board.

Smith

That's not quite correct. On the JV33 and CJV30 if you use firmware 3.x or higher Mimaki added a "feature" that determines if you are using an original OEM Mimaki head. If you have a generic Epson DX5 head installed you will get a device construction error.... I'm not totally sure when they added the check to the CJV machines but on the JV33 it is on version 3.0 and up. To use an non-oem head on a JV33 you much use firmware below 3.0.