• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re: Ink Recycling Program

GrantX01

I am looking for a way to recycle my 220ml Value Jet Ink cartage's I have about 200. Please let me know

jiarby

We toss them. Recyclers do not want to deal with the solvent ink pouches, or the smart cards. Even if you do strip all that out the plastic shell is not marked with one of those recycle symbols with the number in it that identifies the type of plastic.

The mfg'ers do not want them back because it is cheaper to buy new ones than mess with recycling the old shells.

TheSnowman

Our Staples let's us do 10 a month per account. They used to be $3, now it's only $2. So my wife has an account and I do too. Between the Mimaki, and all the office printers around, we normally have $40/mo coming back in staples rewards, so it's nice. I liked it more when it was $60/mo, but what are ya gonna do? Better than tossing them.

CheapVehicleWrap

You've been trying to get rid of them for a while now. You've also spoke with solvent cartridges. These cartridges are in demand because with new style won't fix the old printers. I doubt staples would take mutoh cartridges but they do take regular ones.

TheSnowman

How is a Mutoh cartridge different than a Mimaki? And Jiarby...been there, done that. I had a huge stack of them forever, that I finally tossed...there was quite a bit of cash that I could have redeemed them for at Staples, especially when it was $3 each.

mark galoob

my wife and i each have an acct at staples...they take 10 per month, and many of them are mutoh, some are from my brother dtg, and lots from my copiers...

mark galoob