• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re: MacTac GV529BFDw54

will61

Hello, i'm trying to find out some information about the MacTac GV529BFD Media. The information I'm looking for is confirmation that the media has changed and i need to know why it's so different.

I noticed the pattern on the Air Release changed and it's not as sticky as my previous purchases. I'm having a hard time locating the Change over, documentation from the MacTac Website seems to be eluding me and i have had no luck with my supplier as this seems to be my problem. I've emailed a few MacTac emails but i haven't received any feedback.

If anyone works with this Media could i possible get a quick snap of the sticky side to confirm i am getting what i think I'm paying for? Somethings not right. Maybe my supplier was selling me the wrong media by accident? They have recommended using GV729 as it seems to be a more sticky product, haven't got my hands on a sample to compare.

Any help would be appreciated, even a link of sorts to confirm the change so i can wrap my brain around it. on a side note what orcal media is closest to this ? 3551? or 3551 RA? Seems it's Media that i can get locally here in Edmonton Alberta Canada.

View attachment 90831

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Are you sure they sent you the Gruv 529? Mactac also has the Bubble free 5529. Both materials are the same except for the adhesive.

will61

That's what i'm trying to figure out here, just not sure witch one of these medias is the Gruv529. The finer pattern is what my supplier is selling me now and the box is labeled Gruv529BFD, the older materials were also labeled the same.

I'll keep hasslin the MacTac emails ;)

Thanks

bfranzen

MACtac has never changed the GV529BFD, since it was launched in 2011 it has been the same pattern and facestock. GV529BFD is designed for flat to moderately curved applications. Another product that you may have confused it with is the JT5529BFD Pro, which is MACtac’s legacy wrap product for full wraps, or JT5929BFD which is for flat to moderate curves as well. Both JT products have a different air-egress pattern than the GV, but all work the same to release air bubbles.
If there is an issue with the material not performing please let us know.