• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

re-sizing issue when importing into PhotoShop

threeputt

This has just started happening and I can't seem to see what's going on.

Export file from Omega as a .tif file, say it's 220" long. Export at say, 150 dpi. Open in Photoshop and presto, the file is 93" long at 150 dpi.

Same thing happens if I export as .eps file. Open in Photoshop at 150dpi and the file has changed sizes.

Can anyone help with this?

threeputt

Just tried it again with smaller dimensions and no problem. Is it that PhotoShop can't work with images over 200" long?

tanneji

Photoshop has a maximum pixel depth. I think its 20,000 or 40,000 or something .... That could have something to do with it but I dunno

Tony Teveris

Omega does have a size limit or something like 14000 pixels. So 220 * 150 = 33000, where as 93 * 150 = 13950.

I'm guessing thats it.

OldInk

info

I am using CS5 and PS and tried 230" and it worked.I did get a message that 30,000 pixels is the limit in earlier versions. Illustrator's limit is 227.54 inches, all versions I believe.

artbot

i don't know what omega is. but,...

see if you have a save as ".psb" for photoshop. that file format even though limited a bit for filters and such is unlimited for size.

also the omega itself maybe limiting your export. in that case, split the file in two pieces and paste them into a new file in photoshop. seam up the two files and then save as a .psb. if it's large you might as well just start out as a .psb, even though it may allow you to currently save it as a .psd. after all the layers and channels, the file will quickly rise to 12-20 gigs and the .psd save will then be rejected and you will end up saving "as" the .psb and then you've got two files for no reason.

tbaker

I'm pretty sure this is an omega issue, I just created a file in PS that is 250"x250" @ 300 dpi, so I know PS will handle it.

Then again, I've never liked omega so...