• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reading Clear Material

Ditchmiester

I have a 72UVR that I just got up and running. Now that it appears to be in almost perfect running shape I'm ready to start running some jobs through it. I have run some 16x12 signs on .020 Polystyrene that came out absolutely perfect but now i'm trying to second surface print on .060" PETG. The material has a clear/gloss finish on the print side and a velvet finish on the other side. I'm printing and then backing with a white laminate. My problem is that I can't get the printer to read the width and or find the leading edge of the material. This wouldn't be an issue but i'm trying to print in the same spot on these sheets I know it can be done with this printer because i'm doing it with the white polystyrene. Any ideas on how to get the printer to "see" the .060" PETG. I've tried putting tape on the edges of the material using both black and white tape and also tried taping white paper to the non print side of the material but to no avail. Any info would be greatly appreciated.