• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reading material?

MAB SIGNS

My Graphtec FC4200-75 will no longer read the material size from the plot window. I use Flexi 7. So is it the plotter or Flexi? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What do you mean by "No longer"? Did it used to function properly and suddenly stop or did you change/upgrade/twiddle something?

There is/was a Graphtec firmware update and a corresponding Flexi 7 patch the addressed this very situation. But that was about 18 months or so ago and I'm not sure that your particular model was affected.

Clue: If the media size sensing returns exactly 1/10 the actual size in roll mode and returns the proper size in sheet mode, this most likely is the problem.

MAB SIGNS

Sorry, missed the typo it's an FC4100-75 not 4200. It was fine, been doing it for a few weeks from what I'm told. When you click on Poll Size it just says cutter is not responding to poll size.

Derf

Whe I had Flexi 7.5 for PC id never read my FC-7000 size, however I just upgraded to Flexi 7.7 for MAC and it reads it fine now. so you may need to just reset your prefs. in your software.