Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading material?

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by MAB SIGNS, Nov 15, 2006.

1. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    My Graphtec FC4200-75 will no longer read the material size from the plot window. I use Flexi 7. So is it the plotter or Flexi? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

Tags:
  2. MAB SIGNS

Jun 29, 2003
    bump

3. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    What do you mean by "No longer"? Did it used to function properly and suddenly stop or did you change/upgrade/twiddle something?

There is/was a Graphtec firmware update and a corresponding Flexi 7 patch the addressed this very situation. But that was about 18 months or so ago and I'm not sure that your particular model was affected.

Clue: If the media size sensing returns exactly 1/10 the actual size in roll mode and returns the proper size in sheet mode, this most likely is the problem.

4. MAB SIGNS

Jun 29, 2003
    Sorry, missed the typo it's an FC4100-75 not 4200. It was fine, been doing it for a few weeks from what I'm told. When you click on Poll Size it just says cutter is not responding to poll size.

5. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Mark has there been any changes software, OS, upgrades? Sounds like communication problem.

6. MAB SIGNS

Jun 29, 2003
    None.

7. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

Whe I had Flexi 7.5 for PC id never read my FC-7000 size, however I just upgraded to Flexi 7.7 for MAC and it reads it fine now. so you may need to just reset your prefs. in your software.