• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ready to add a new printer Solvent or Latex ????

anthony smith

We print around 1200 sq ft a week using a JV3-130spII so lots of long nights and weekends. Even leave machine printing at night.
Replaced one head and that was due to operator error, so looking for a reliable machine a bit faster.
We are not printing fine art, signs, wraps, decals and such
looking at a jv33 but would love to hear some pros and cons on he new jv 400s
I guess I am stuck on a Mimaki just because of the service this machine has provided
thanks for any tips and or advice

MikePro

hp 26500, nuff said.
i was a mimaki guy, myself, until it was finally time to upgrade my jv3 160sp (which is STILL running, after 8yrs)

couldn't be happier. everything about printer maintenance/service has gone completely out the window and now is built-in to this beautiful machine. I press button, it makes me money, and I wrap my head around other important things here at the shop.

MikePro

Downside, with the HP26500, printheads are a bit less permanent. Requiring changing every 6-12months. Plus side, they're only <$100 and swap-out exactly like the print cartridges do in your desktop printer. I'll also take the 750mL ink cartridges any day over the old 440's anyday.
head cleaning? forget about it. there's now a disposable cartridge within the machine, that you change every 2-4months, that does all the maintenance procedures for you and even cleans-up after itself :)

onboard self alignment and color profiling is awesome, as well. this printer rocks.
Above everything else.... NO MORE DRY TIME!!! Printer takes about 5-10min to warmup prior to each print, which feels sluggish, but when it's printing it FLIES!...aaaaand when it's done you can take your print and go right to the laminator (or directly to install).

dmp

We've got an L26500 and just recently got a dual head 64" mutoh 1638. I like the HP, except for the fact that the mutoh runs circles around it. I can have a couple 24x36 prints made on the Mutoh before the HP is done with it's warm up and starts printing.

Color seems brighter on most materials on the Mutoh, however some materials work better on the HP like wall fabric. Also can do some uncoated paper on the HP which is cool. But regardless of how much I like it, being able to easily do 4x as much production on the Mutoh in a day makes it hard to justify.

I could go on about the two if you have more ?'s..

-Mike

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I have the HP 25500

the warm up takes some time to get used to, but the lack of maintenance make the HP latex the bomb.

i would never, ever go back to solvent...

anthony smith

Just not sure i can go back with any hp product

I have a hp product, a uv flatbed and when trouble arises they totally suck
when I bought, was told lifetime phone support 5 yrs almost to the day get
a email no more support.
I realize its a totally different machine but not sure I can ever support hp
after what I have been thru with this printer
any Mimaki jv 33 users out there
or the jv 400
glad you guys are liking those HPs but I am just to stuborn to go
back to a company that does me wrong.
Again thxs for the info I do appreciate it

Robert M

Jv 400 suv

Are you looking at the JV 400 latex or solvent. The prints I saw from the JV400 SUV were some of the best Mimaki prints I have seen. I like the idea of a solvent ink that is UV cured. They say the prints are 10 x more durable than their regular solvent inks and because it is UV cured you can laminate same day.

Asuma01

For me the instant curing of the HP latex printer is the winning point. I dont care how much faster the mutoh is if I have to wait an extra 24-48 hours before I can apply or laminate.

ProWraps

Im sorry for your previous experience/s with HP. But if you are considering latex, HP is a proven platform. They were the first to market and have sold more successful units than mimaki by far.

If you go latex, I would suggest for just good business sense, you consider the HP machines.

We run three of them and have for 2 years now.

Support has been good, and at times bad. Its more a reflection of humans than it is the company itself. The overall result has been very very successful.

k.a.s.

I don't know anything about an HP or latex printers, but I love my JV-33 and have just bought a new one.

Kevin

JoeBoomer

Hp l26500

+1 for HP L26500

I too will never go back to Solvent. I do miss the afternoon buzz from the fumes though.

ironchef

Lol yea I think I'm all caught up, I want either the 560 or 570, wondering if i can get the 560 and later install the bulk ink system. Also confused on what rip to get, onyx or flexi

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Lol yea I think I'm all caught up, I want either the 560 or 570, wondering if i can get the 560 and later install the bulk ink system. Also confused on what rip to get, onyx or flexi

Ok well I can get you all setup, I even have some demo units if you are interested. The answer is no, you cannot turn a 560 into a 570. For a RIP, its personal preference, I see more Onyx out there but that doesnt mean its the best.

ironchef

Thanks big fish, I was already in the process of being approved, and today I got the call, I got approved on the latex 570