• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

real estate riders!!

signrios

who in the right mind (except mosh) would sell 6"x24" 2 sided coro riders
for $4 each. a local established shop is charging that
for 10 riders!!:banghead:
i usually charge 3 or 4 times that for bigger quantities

just a rant before taking a short break:beer

tintguy31794

We tried to charge a cheap price for them before ($10 each).. but you make no money at all that way.. I have to charge more now because where else can they find the convenience of right now...

Allied Digital

I hate these requests!! Then when they want the sandwich kind... (two boards back to back w banner hem tape at the ends) does anyone do these? or are most of your orders for d/s with rider pins?

tintguy31794

90% of mine are on .40 aluminum, the other 10 are for the cheapos that use corrugated plastic real estate signs.(and get corrugated plastic riders)..

I really used to try and get these guys happy, but turns out their the least loyal customers you will have.
I also figured out that they don't care about price its just in them to try and get it down.

Allied Digital

90% of mine are on .40 aluminum, the other 10 are for the cheapos that use corrugated plastic real estate signs.(and get corrugated plastic riders)...
good advice - and now that I think about it, you're right! If they are that cheap then they generally move on when they feel you are getting tired of being beat down on your prices!

psbc2009

.40 alum

What do you guys do about the "slop" when installing these riders/signs in the metal frames? Is this just the way it is?? I dont see them going anywhere but they move - rattle a bit.

Allied Digital

OK Im with you now. The riders that go in frames.
I have a lot of requests for name riders that go on the coro 24x18 signs. As I said, two s/s back to back, hem tape on the edges (about an inch or two in from the ends). customers take them and pull apart at the middle and slip over the corner of the yard sign. Amazingly enough, they stay there quite well!

Malkin

What do you guys do about the "slop" when installing these riders/signs in the metal frames? Is this just the way it is?? I dont see them going anywhere but they move - rattle a bit.

I'll use the little metal spring clips in addition to the punch outs that hold it in place, I use them for the 18x24 as well.

tintguy31794

Honestly If they are looking to attach a rider to a sign I sell them a sign stand that has a rider section..

the flopping around in the sign stand is nothing.. it sounds bad when they are carrying them to their car, but once they are put up you never really notice that the rider is leaning or "loose" in there.

I've had customers bring in sign stands that have metal clips for the riders.. they are real neat (from lowen sign company).. I work for someone so I have to use what I get.(lol sign stands with no clips in them for riders... just a space there)

TheSnowman

Last time I made two riders for a local real estate agent, they needed them YESTERDAY...they've been sitting ready to be picked up for a year and a half.

chopper

90% of mine are on .40 aluminum, the other 10 are for the cheapos that use corrugated plastic real estate signs.(and get corrugated plastic riders)..

I really used to try and get these guys happy, but turns out their the least loyal customers you will have.
I also figured out that they don't care about price its just in them to try and get it down.

I think you mean.040 aluminum .40 is 4 hundred thousands of an inch that would be kind thick...
the Realtor is the cheapest most nit picky unrealistic customer you can have
I do not even try to please them if the want cheaper I give them mosh's phone number...
//chopper

Raulrdz

I guess the same guy in my city that sells banners at 2.65 a sqft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should just put a laundry sign...with money tumbling in the drum.

Some people (these particular sign shops) are happy living paycheck to paycheck and plan on working until the day they die with no retirement, and don't plan on sending their kids to college (or don't think about it).

Fred has some of the best advice on this stuff..work smarter, not harder. If ya sell 1 @ $10 an they sell 10 @ $1.00..who's actually making more money.

Pat Whatley

If ya sell 1 @ $10 an they sell 10 @ $1.00..who's actually making more money.
That sounds good and all in theory but if you're priced at 10 times the fair market price you're not going to sell any which means the 10 @ $1.00 people are actually making more money.

We sell 6"x18" rider signs, double sided, bonded on the ends to use with a wooden post, for $6.50 each in groups of five. I can knock a set of them out in about 15 minutes.

Yes, the price is ridiculously cheap, I admit that, but we only do them for agents of the companies we print yard signs for and they routinely lead to other work for us so we price them as a loss leader. Say what you want about us giving away our riders, I've done the math and it works out for us. We cover our costs on the riders (not much more than that) but make it all up on the yard signs, stakes, brochure boxes, large commercial signs, and magnetics we sell them.

Oh yeah, I was just using the figure for a hypothetical product and situation, not particular to a real estate rider. If you're in a market where you CAN get say $10 for a product, but someone else happens to sell it for for $5..but you are busy at $10, no reason to go down to $5..then, you are working half as hard for the same money, or working the same for 2x's as much. Just depends on what you're market allows. Now, if you're not getting any at $10, then a whole new scenario and an adjustment needs to be made.

On the note of coro real estate riders. $4.00 is too low for me, at least for a small quantity. I've got to sit down at my computer, open the file, prepare for cutting, load vinyl, cut, mask, cut down a rider, apply, remove mask, call the customer. Seems like a lot of work for $4.00, to me anyways. If someone else makes money doing it though, more power to them.

TheSnowman

I guess the same guy in my city that sells banners at 2.65 a sqft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should just put a laundry sign...with money tumbling in the drum.

You order 100 sq ft, and we've got a guy in town that will print it for $2.50/sq. It's pathetic.

parrott

We screen print these on .055 polyethelene and sell them in dozens. Our price is $4.50 each including hardware, but we make a healthy margin because of the quantity we print. I bet on average we print 100-200 a week. It is mostly just filler work between large jobs.